Cape Town danger areas

Evan Andreou

Was riding through Ocean View this morning and was stoned by a bunch of kids. Argus season is upon us. Plenty of targets riders passing through there, so be warned and be careful  :cursing:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was riding through Ocean View this morning and was stoned by a bunch of kids. Argus season is upon us. Plenty of targets riders passing through there, so be warned and be careful  :cursing:

About what time, and where exactly?

Doing the route again on Sunday, don't want to become another statistic.

What the f*ck is wrong with them? Bunch of idiots should be taught a lesson.

Was riding through Ocean View this morning and was stoned by a bunch of kids. Argus season is upon us. Plenty of targets riders passing through there, so be warned and be careful :cursing:

There is a police station right there, please report it next time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this on a mate's WhatsApp group earlier today. Anyone have any more news on this ?

post-615-0-01345800-1521032813_thumb.jpg

Another attempt at bike jacking at Kayamandi just past the robots this morning 9:15 seems they caught the guy as we went by he was still struggling to brake free.

Can I get a show of hands - who of you riding Tokai/ Silvermine West on weekday mornings, and are you doing the peak loop, or down into Tokai via level 5/ level 4?

From a trail runner wondering which routes are more populated...

Can I get a show of hands - who of you riding Tokai/ Silvermine West on weekday mornings, and are you doing the peak loop, or down into Tokai via level 5/ level 4?

From a trail runner wondering which routes are more populated...

Hi Christine, have a look here - 

https://www.facebook.com/tokaimtb/photos/a.163720817155008.1073741826.163447820515641/771241356402948/?type=3&theater

Basically there are spotters on the mast road in Tokai on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (From 8am) during the week.

The spotters part of a TokaiMTB initiative and are sponsored by BikeMob, The Bike Park, Stoke Suspension, Trail & Tar and Revolution Cycles.

There are generally quite a few riders in Tokai from level five and below on those days.

Edited by marko35s

Hi Christine, have a look here - 

https://www.facebook.com/tokaimtb/photos/a.163720817155008.1073741826.163447820515641/771241356402948/?type=3&theater

Basically there are spotters on the mast road in Tokai on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (From 8am) during the week.

The spotters part of a TokaiMTB initiative and are sponsored by BikeMob, The Bike Park, Stoke Suspension, Trail & Tar and Revolution Cycles.

There are generally quite a few riders in Tokai from level five and below on those days.

Awesome thanks  :thumbup:  Kudos to everyone making this happen :clap: I'll go and play tomorrow morning 

I get there earlier than 8am, because of  work, but hopefully some other peeps do too, definitely worth checking it out.

• 2 weeks later...

For the guys cycling on the wrong side(going into CT) of the Marine Dr ,Paarden eiland near the Caltex service station.Cars turning into the service station have difficulty seeing cyclists in the dark,because for all the lights of the service station,reflectors of the stationary trucks and cars overtaking.

Please switch your lights to flashing or better still use the Marine Dr service rd.

On the way to watch the Epic I saw MTB at the last moment as I was turning into the service station 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So riding up Knorhoek road towards Simonsberg, I got bitten on the left leg by a feral dog, belonging to (I assume) farm labourers. Nothing for it but to call evac and go to ER for stitches and wound dressing. Keep an eye out if riding there. This happened about 400 - 500 metres from the R44 as I was passing a cluster of farm labourer cottages. The mutt in question is a medium sized black Border Collie cross. Aggro beast, that thing. The owner of the dog came to my aid, but he is in no position to cover costs. I let it slide with a stern warning to keep that dog chained up.