What Frame for R13k

racman

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what 928 are you talking about - the lugged 928 or the C2C???ConfusedConfused

I prefer the 928 SL' date=' but that's about twice your [unrevised Wink] budget - goes for about R28k

Popeye & Kritz are on C2C's, right? They look fantastic, but I'm not sure I like the angles - seem a bit, er, relaxed. Any comments, guys?

I spent a happy time at the shop over the weekend drooling over the 928SL with Record and Hyperions - At R90k I have some saving and dreaming to do...

I have had a few bikes and I can tell you that Im in heaven everytime I climb on my C2C. I love the look the feel. I know its not everybodys cup of tea but to me its like my cup of coffee in the morning. Did a 140 km ride from Benoni through Suikerbosrand and back and my A$$ is still kissing that frame. Wow what a comfortable ride, better than my previous 928 carbon.

The frame by itself looks a bit weird but when you fit everything else, it just flows together.

Specialized Tarmac pro...

Why?

Very Stylish...

Pretty light...

Handles aggressively without compromising comfort.

Very very stiff and responsive...

I been riding mine since the beginning of march and I love it... Can't imagine having to ride something else...

The tarmac expert is the equivalent of last years S-Works Tarmac.

The tarmac pro has the same style tubing as last years S-Works Tarmac SL but the same carbon weave as the expert... Not sure what the price difference is, but the Pro is higher up in the range.

I think the price difference is about R2.5k. According to Bicycling mag buyers guide Expert is 11K and Pro 13.5k.

Well its up to you... I can't comment on the expert, but I have first hand experience with the pro and I am very impressed so far...

I think the price difference is about R2.5k. According to Bicycling mag buyers guide Expert is 11K and Pro 13.5k.

Dont base any comparisons on Bicycling, as they show the maximum 'recomended' retail price and you will usually get said bike for 10-15% less.

racman the S-works E5 has a Carbon upper and an alu bottom. Very light. The carbon on top will absorb all the road vibration and the alu bottom is stiff as hell for sprinting and climbing. Size at Morne Bester Cycles is a 54cm. Seems like you are in luck.

I am definately leaning towards the system6 (although would have preferred a red & black) but will only be ready in hopefully a few weeks (if it is still available will be great but unfortunately cannot determine exact date). I have also seen a C50 second hand for R12k. If the funds were available now I would jump at the System6 wihout delay.

Maybe I should sell my complete Colnago Monotitan and build up the S6 over winter as and when funds come through, while doing MTB races. Confused

......... I have also seen a C50 second hand for R12k.....

Bad option. Very bad option. Terrible option. Big mistake!

because

I want it! Wink

Seriously, if it is a nice colour, buy the C50, it is a thing of beauty. (unless you are a Cannondale fanatic, but if you were, you would have bought the System6 already)

Christie2007-04-04 04:20:54

Here is a Pez review on the C50. Pez writes some of the best equipment review articles on the net, and they like the C50 very much.

I would not hesitate to buy a C50 for R12k, but I have 2 road bikes already and would probably be close to needing a divorce lawyer if I buy another one. If it has a spider paint joblike this one:

, I may have to risk it, thoughWink, I'm sure she'll understand...