EUGENE TERREBLANCHE MURDERED 03/04/2010

niel85

...it aint gonna change.

The one part of your statement making sense.

Yes the past was horrible, but did the jews go and slaughter germans post WW2 and call it fair?  Did the post-slavery blacks in the US start chanting in public to 'kill the white people?'

Consider what you're saying, they we're opressed so now they do the same to us, but we then feel grieved because it was not us but our forefathers responsible for this, so after 30 years we retaliate, etc etc etc.

Things changed in the past, because the black people were unhappy with the way things were, thats were it starts, there are some people stating their unhappiness as well, get over it.

Now lets not even get into the debate about how they murder, rape and steal from not only us but each other as well, now tell me...did we do that as well?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Velo the youth of our country do not have to relive the wrongs of the past.  By the way astrocities were committed on both sides rightly or wrongly.  Secondly, if this is the attitude of the new government towards any minority group then this country is really f*&&^%d, and there is no future for our youth.  The whites and blacks need each other if this country is to add value to its citizens and to the African continent.  However, if you are serious about what you say then we can only anticipate further misery and hopeless for the masses who want peace and security where we can all raise our children as one nation.

Velo

Well done for saying what everyone ignores

I actually thought the bianchi post had more value than this diatribe about a dinosour that should have been put to sleep a long time ago

Velo the youth of our country do not have to relive the wrongs of the past. 

Who says? We do because we are living in fear. But who says there has to be fairness in this world? We made the rules for so long that we think we can demand fairness. Evidently not.

Australia anyone?

The only thing that i ask is for Zuma to attend his funeral. I fear that if he does not, this murder has the potential to spark massive uprising and protest through a sense of retaliation, which would shatter all the hard work that has been done in the last 20years. This Is far too similar to the murder of Chris Hani.

Unfortunately, i see a storm on the horizon. I can see the divide between students everyday at university and the constant "fighting" between the ANCYL and pretty much everyone else. racism is rife. Accept it, Challenge it, Expose it, Joke about it, fight it. It's hard to change the ideologies of a people, but its not impossible. 

Sometimes i feel embarrassed by humanity, its sad but true.

This is a 10 plus page thread because I believe that all South africans genuinely interested in nation building are sick and tired of crime in general that affects all of us on a daily basis.  ET is another murder statistic as are the many others that are killed in the townships and in our suburbs on a daily basis.  People are 'gatvol,' of the governments failure to bring our nation together.  Blaming apartheid constantly for their inability after 16 years in the 'hotseat,' no longer carries any weight for the majority of the population.  They have not delivered as promised and are looking for scapegoats.  People wanting to build a nation don't sing or rejoice in wanting to kill each other!!!!!!!!Angry

Velo your tone is obviously not one of nation building and while you have that attitude which in many ways is no different to ET or Malema we will not experience the reconciliation and joy of been one nation.  There are not many countries anywhere in the world that can boast of a 'faultless history,' however, just maybe our youth can work on all the good that did come out of the early nineties.  It seems we can't!

Velo your tone is obviously not one of nation building and while you have that attitude which in many ways is no different to ET or Malema we will not experience the reconciliation and joy of been one nation.  There are not many countries anywhere in the world that can boast of a 'faultless history' date='' however, just maybe our youth can work on all the good that did come out of the early nineties.  It seems we can't![/quote']

Reconciliation will only come when the perpetrators of the past attrocities experience some true shame for there actions instead of brushing them aside and arrogantly expecting people to "get over it and move on".

Velo your tone is obviously not one of nation building and while you have that attitude which in many ways is no different to ET or Malema we will not experience the reconciliation and joy of been one nation.  There are not many countries anywhere in the world that can boast of a 'faultless history' date='' however, just maybe our youth can work on all the good that did come out of the early nineties.  It seems we can't![/quote']

Reconciliation will only come when the perpetrators of the past attrocities experience some true shame for there actions instead of brushing them aside and arrogantly expecting people to "get over it and move on".

So what you're saying is that inhumain action is justifies inhumain action, see a problem here?

Secondly as mentioned, what about the attrocities they also committed whilst being opressed, who should be hanged for those or are those ok?  Does that make any action I take now under this opression justified?

You are entitled to your opinion.  Lets just hope its not the prevailing one.

So what you're saying is that inhumain action is justifies inhumain action, see a problem here?

Secondly as mentioned, what about the attrocities they also committed whilst being opressed, who should be hanged for those or are those ok?  Does that make any action I take now under this opression justified?

You are entitled to your opinion.  Lets just hope its not the prevailing one.

I'm not not saying what is right or what is wrong, that is irrelevant. I'm saying what the reality is. Just like the past was really unfair, the present is just as unfair. Its really crap, I know.

As for justifying inhumane actions, what rules that govern this earth says there has to be justice. Go back in history, even the most recent history where people have been persecuted for their race or religion, and tell me that there really is justice in this world. Justice doesn't make the world go round, power and greed does.

So just because we demand and insist on justice now, whos to say we are going to get it, just like we denied it to those before us.

Velo you can't be serious pal? It is this type of attitude that will prevent this country moving forward and until you can see us as one nation instead of those who did terrible things and those who didn't.  Believe me there were terrible things committed on both sides - no one is innocent. God help us if we do not move on.................Confused   One thing that I do agree with you on though is that there is little or no justice in this world, something that seems to be a condition of the human heart, however, it only takes one person to stand up and say the right things - it will give people hope and where there is hope there is a way - a way to building a country we can all call our own and be proud of it.Smile

until you can see us as one nation.
But we're not one nation. We're extremely polarised with some good souls like yourself standing in the middle pleading for sanity. I used to be there too but I gave up on it long ago. Good luck on the nation building thing.

Velo your tone is obviously not one of nation building and while you have that attitude which in many ways is no different to ET or Malema we will not experience the reconciliation and joy of been one nation.? There are not many countries anywhere in the world that can boast of a 'faultless history' date='' however, just maybe our youth can work on all the good that did come out of the early nineties.? It seems we can't![/quote']Reconciliation will only come when the perpetrators of the past attrocities experience some true shame for there actions instead of brushing them aside and arrogantly expecting people to "get over it and move on".

How do I show true shame for my actions of the past?

This thread clearly shows the diversity of opinions relevant to this sad event. Let us just get back to the facts. Read the newspapers this morning and you will note the savage nature of the crime. 1) ET was hacked to death 2) in his bedroom 3) after entry was gained unlawfully. The suspects were not picked up at his home as earlier noted but somewhere in the district. NOW, take the ET factor out of the equation. It is another farmer murdered on his farm, making him one of the statistics the ANC refuses to acknowledge in their actions. It is another farm murder, one of nearly 3000 in the last coupe of years. The ANC says we are overreacting and the stats are not as high, but they also refuse to divulge the numbers. At the same time they allow Julius to sing "struggle" songs so does this mean we are back to the struggle? What is the justification for the ruling party to allow actions of the struggle to continue but we as whites, and other minority groups, must mind our place, watch our vocabulary and allow senseless murders, rapes and assaults to continue whilst Julius sings about it?! The ANC needs to step up to the plate and take a stance on this crime ridden society. Shut Julius and his followers up, get really hard on violent crime and give everybody the opportunity to enjoy their place in the sun. This is what was expected of the previous regime before they gave the reins over, why then is our current generation unable to guarantee our kids their future safety?

ET was a pr!ck - fact, but he knew that he and the rest of his AWB cronies were never ever going to have the ability or the firepower to make a difference in SA, and with little hope of going anywhere else, he tried to setup a white homeland where he could live out his beliefs - right or wrong. He was actually a non-event unless he fell of his horse....again.

If you feel you can make a difference, go for it. In my opinion there are too few white, black, coloured, green, purple people in SA with the correct values to make a difference, barring some kind of Revolutionary event. Murder is murder, crime is crime, makes no difference who the target is. Blacks are probabaly less safe than whites in SA.

Do your family a favour, leave SA if you can, not because you don't love your country or you are not willing to make a difference, but rather because you are a realist and Love your family more, and realise that who you are is not a relfection of where your from, or where you live.