Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rapide Pitch .

Please give feedback on the fork .Looks like it will be the only straight steerer in future 

Please give feedback on the fork .Looks like it will be the only straight steerer in future

On-One Monocoque full carbon forks available with a straight (or tapered) steerer from myself.

640g

45deg rake

300mm carbon steerer

470mm axle to crown

QR

Guys 

Looking for a straight steerer for a 650 Ritchey build for my wife bike

Must be light as we got the best components for the other parts

What do you guys recon would work well?

Looks like everyone is after a fork

Im on the hunt for a rigid 26" straight steerer with disk mounts 

At this point in time im not bothered what the material is, just want to finish this build

Cheers

Not bad pricing, shipping is more than the fork it self 

I can get surly at a better price but only in the new year as they dont ship over the holiday season

What price are you getting the Surly for? If cheaper than $44, is there more than one available?

from my experience the steel forks are just too stiff/harsh. put a nice plush carbon fork on the front... it will change your life is you are running rigid.

Was the red Salsa el mariachi in this thread sold?

from my experience the steel forks are just too stiff/harsh. put a nice plush carbon fork on the front... it will change your life is you are running rigid.

Was the red Salsa el mariachi in this thread sold?

I agree totally but im looking at price point mostly 

at this point beggars canbt be choosers and anything i can get my hands on will have to do 

Very much depends on what steel is used and how the fork is designed. There is very little plush about my Niner carbon fork, but that's what I like about it - feedback is direct. My Niner Reynolds steel fork on the other hand is really springy and waaay more spongy than my carbon fork. I've ridden other carbon forks that are similar, and that was their intended purpose. Point is, I don't think you can classify a rigid fork on the material used alone...

What price are you getting the Surly for? If cheaper than $44, is there more than one available?

I agree totally but im looking at price point mostly 

at this point beggars canbt be choosers and anything i can get my hands on will have to do 

26" steel and carbon forks available. Drop me a PM if you're interested chaps.

Very much depends on what steel is used and how the fork is designed. There is very little plush about my Niner carbon fork, but that's what I like about it - feedback is direct. My Niner Reynolds steel fork on the other hand is really springy and waaay more spongy than my carbon fork. I've ridden other carbon forks that are similar, and that was their intended purpose. Point is, I don't think you can classify a rigid fork on the material used alone...

Hence my caveat "from my experience"  :)