Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am back in the SS game boys and girls :)

That chain tensioner, what is it and where can I find it, looks neater than the back chain tensioner. 

That chain tensioner, what is it and where can I find it, looks neater than the back chain tensioner.

It's a BB mounted chain guide being used as a tensioner. Can be tricky to setup and adjust but does look neat. Have a look on Diald Bikes website. They may have some.

It's a BB mounted chain guide being used as a tensioner. Can be tricky to setup and adjust but does look neat. Have a look on Diald Bikes website. They may have some.

I like that!

I like that!

As per Ryan's post.

Getting the tension 100% takes a fine touch till you know how much tension is required. A real benefit is finding a guide with a roller that has nice tall support walls so that the chain can't skip off ... most rollers would suffice.

Free spinning the cranks backwards though shows very little friction at all and the cranks spin away very happily .... a damned good point for a SS.

Noise .... so far none to note, rather silent.

Edited by Hairy

• 2 weeks later...

As per Ryan's post.

Getting the tension 100% takes a fine touch till you know how much tension is required. A real benefit is finding a guide with a roller that has nice tall support walls so that the chain can't skip off ... most rollers would suffice.

Free spinning the cranks backwards though shows very little friction at all and the cranks spin away very happily .... a damned good point for a SS.

Noise .... so far none to note, rather silent.

UPDATE: the guide as a SS tensioner has been very successful to date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...