Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That settles the seatpost bottle cage debate for me (not really debate.. more like the wife complaining that I drink her water on longer rides)

Not gonna happen on my bike. I'd rather run slightly dehydrated... (kinda used to it with my beer consumption levels)

@Meezo, how is that on-one fork? have always wondered about those, is it very stiff? or does it have a bit of fore-aft movement?

The Carbon spaz fork on the crave that I rode was stiff as a schoolboy looking down the hot teacher's blouse.. in comparison to the rapide that is quite forgiving..

That settles the seatpost bottle cage debate for me (not really debate.. more like the wife complaining that I drink her water on longer rides)

Not gonna happen on my bike. I'd rather run slightly dehydrated... (kinda used to it with my beer consumption levels)

@Meezo, how is that on-one fork? have always wondered about those, is it very stiff? or does it have a bit of fore-aft movement?

The Carbon spaz fork on the crave that I rode was stiff as a schoolboy looking down the hot teacher's blouse.. in comparison to the rapide that is quite forgiving..

this ^^^

I'm very unskillful but try all kinds of things, Jonkers, Contemans, Tokai all with the rigid, and it handles pretty well, it definetly flexs, i rode the China/Rapide forks and its much more stiffer than the OnOne fork...

Mind you there was a vid of hubber how showed us how well the niner fork flexs!

As for Bottle Cage on post, this bike is my commuter, so its water infront and all my tools in the rear cage, i prefer not carrying a backpack, unless #ENDURO

Thanks for the feedback. Must be a very comfy fork then (as comfy as rigid goes)

That niner for wasnt supposed to flex like that...and I think mr meyer subsequently had a bit of an issue with that flexy fork.

I too try and ride everything with my rigid, we certainly dont have some of the features you guys have, but our terrain is very rocky, which could wear one down if the fork is too stiff.

Tools in the pocket for me, and on really long rides where I am not aware of places to get water, I will ride with a camelbak. But sometimes I get caught out in the heat, and then I have to rely on the missus for water, and she gives me lots of schtick....

She tjoons me to get a seatpost cage.. and I tell her it will ruin the bike's aesthetics...

Thanks for the feedback. Must be a very comfy fork then (as comfy as rigid goes)

That niner for wasnt supposed to flex like that...and I think mr meyer subsequently had a bit of an issue with that flexy fork.

I too try and ride everything with my rigid, we certainly dont have some of the features you guys have, but our terrain is very rocky, which could wear one down if the fork is too stiff.

Tools in the pocket for me, and on really long rides where I am not aware of places to get water, I will ride with a camelbak. But sometimes I get caught out in the heat, and then I have to rely on the missus for water, and she gives me lots of schtick....

She tjoons me to get a seatpost cage.. and I tell her it will ruin the bike's aesthetics...

There are just certain things you don't do to your bike :P

Thats the reason i sold my Inbred and got Surly KM... Best decision ever.... 

Thats the reason i sold my Inbred and got Surly KM... Best decision ever.... 

Post some more pics of that Karate Monkey of yours if you don't mind . . .

That is one sweeeet ride.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

this ^^^

I'm very unskillful but try all kinds of things, Jonkers, Contemans, Tokai all with the rigid, and it handles pretty well, it definetly flexs, i rode the China/Rapide forks and its much more stiffer than the OnOne fork...

Mind you there was a vid of hubber how showed us how well the niner fork flexs!

As for Bottle Cage on post, this bike is my commuter, so its water infront and all my tools in the rear cage, i prefer not carrying a backpack, unless #ENDURO

Post some more pics of that Karate Monkey of yours if you don't mind . . .

That is one sweeeet ride.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Here is one from the other day.

post-44444-0-60434200-1453299365_thumb.jpg