• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a "purist" single speed but at least a start:

Momsen AL129 frame

Rapide 32/18 with tensioner

Old parts from my 29HT I had.

Setup/fit in progress.

Going to be an interesting December. Letting the 29er FS rest a bit.

post-35732-0-09501700-1448473537_thumb.jpg

post-35732-0-79821900-1448473553_thumb.jpg

post-35732-0-83472700-1448473566_thumb.jpg

Not a "purist" single speed but at least a start:

Momsen AL129 frame

Rapide 32/18 with tensioner

Old parts from my 29HT I had.

Setup/fit in progress.

Going to be an interesting December. Letting the 29er FS rest a bit.

Nice. Shorten that chain by a few links.

Thanks. I was wondering about that. The tensioner can go forward about 1cm. So will have to be 2 links.

Definitely shorten that chain, at least 2 links I would think. I think the tensioner can go further forward than 2cm by the looks of from your pictures.

Good to have as much chain wrap as possible on an SS. Not pretty when you're standing at maximum exertion and it slips. Will keep your dentist and urologist/gynaecologist happy though as they get to rearrange your severely misaligned bits afterwards! ????

Edited by amasendeinja

Thanks. I was wondering about that. The tensioner can go forward about 1cm. So will have to be 2 links.

Yup that should do. Got the same tensioner and mine is at a lot higher "tension". Thinking of flipping the spring though so it pushes up not down. But that may also require a stronger spring.

Last year I ended up winning the Divernick Cotic auction after the 947.

On Thursday I cycled to to my wife's office and left my bike there overnight as I was off to Cape Town.

I got a call from Mrs Eddy yesterday asking whose orange Simple was parked in her office.

She then told me she had never seen such a beautiful bike in her life and why had I not shown it to her before.

It is not as if it is discreet, so I figured out it must have been because I have been slack and not riding enough.

I took it for a two hour workout on the Spruit this morning. I loved it and I suspect that it is the jump start I needed to get back on the bike again.

post-50-0-91189100-1448725667_thumb.jpeg

Edited by eddy

Last year I ended up winning the Divernick Cotic auction after the 947.

On Thursday I cycled to to my wife's office and left my bike there overnight as I was off to Cape Town.

I got a call from Mrs Eddy yesterday asking whose orange Simple was parked in her office.

She then told me she had never seen such a beautiful bike in her life and why had I not shown it to her before.

It is not as if it is discreet, so I figured out it must have been because I have been slack and not riding enough.

I took it for a two hour workout on the Spruit this morning. I loved it and I suspect that it is the jump start I needed to get back on the bike again.

Perhaps she needs that nice carbon SC cross bike in the same colour... perhaps a matched his and hers pair for christmas? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...