Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Thats really odd.. yeah I cant stand the track chains, they feel horrible to pedal with.. I dunno!

Ja I don't get it either. Mabey I got ALL the duds.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

currently have a shimano 10 speed chain on, nw ring up front from Rapide, as well as a Rapide cog on the back. Has been the chain that has given me the least amount of ****.

Salsa - El Mariachi in SS form...

attachicon.gif20150815_094314.jpg

Nice!! 

On my El Mariachi,  I use

A nine speed chain.

Vitiora Barzo 2.25 tires. 

They are about only 650-Gram a tire I think. ( I stand corrected on the weight)  

But the Barzo is on Wide Lightning rims so they ended a bit more than 2.25.   

Edited by IH8MUD

Morning Gents

I Built this bike a couple of months ago and since hammered it in the Tygerberg trails. I bought a fork for a absolute steel but i cant seem to make a call on fitting it or not

The single speed rigid has a carbon fork fitted at the moment as seen in picture. I would like to fit the 100 mm Reba in its place. Very difficult decision!

Can the purists please advise...... Thanks11755682_10206029947965514_1570637545231

If you are unsure, you can sell the rigid fork to me for a steal!  :whistling: 

Congrats on a very nice bike! 

Morning Gents

I Built this bike a couple of months ago and since hammered it in the Tygerberg trails. I bought a fork for a absolute steel but i cant seem to make a call on fitting it or not

The single speed rigid has a carbon fork fitted at the moment as seen in picture. I would like to fit the 100 mm Reba in its place. Very difficult decision!

Can the purists please advise...... Thanks

Morning Gents

Can the purists please advise...... Thanks11755682_10206029947965514_1570637545231

Try it. If you like the suspension fork, keep it on, if you don't swop back to the rigid.

My personal preference is for the rigid fork, but it can beat you up.

Morning Gents

I prefer riding rigid over suspension. My technique has improved and line selection is better. I feel I’m a lot faster on my rigid, then when I was using a suspension fork.

as for the purists....who are they? Do they live on The Hub?

You are fortunate to have the choice between suspension and rigid.

Ask yourself how much exactly do you hate yourself. Some people are quite happy with themselves and thus they feel the need to be as comfortable as possible on a bike.

Like Flippa said, ride the rigid, improve your riding skills specifically line selection. In the beginning the rigid will have you feeling like you have been in the tumble dryer with some bricks.

Then soon, you will be flying up and down hills at the same speed or more of some suspension riders.

You will also save some weight, having a sub 10kg bike for little money sits quite well...

But it's not for everyone...nothing to do with being pure...

New addition to the family.

You sure that's not a kids' bike?

Judging by the length of the seatpost you've either got some serious springkaanbene  or the frame is way too small. 

You sure that's not a kids' bike?

Judging by the length of the seatpost you've either got some serious springkaanbene  or the frame is way too small. 

Seat post is a bit high, but the frame is also a bit small. I reckoned if I put the saddle at it's highest point it would be all downhill from there and my legs wouldn't get that tired....boy was I wrong ;-)