Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Mouth watering bikes, Monark and RocknRola. Very, very nice.

Getting my bike ready for the 80km Tour de Farm (riding with fellow hubber Warthog, both of us on SS). Switched to 32x16. Lots of swearing on the test ride up to Tranquilitas and back.

(yes, those are bar ends, so f@kken wat....)

tdf.jpg

80km? Big ride. Enjoy it

Edited by BlackBikes

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran my Krampus SS for a while. Had to run one tooth bigger on the rear cog compared to my "normal" SS. Don't underestimate the rolling resistance on those 3.0" tyres!

I had the opportunity for a spin on Michael's "Plus" SS the other day, same gearing as my bike but could immediately feel that those wheels are much harder to turn than my 26er! Awesome traction however. 

Those are old formula r1's with carbon levers. Love them to bits. I've had them on 4 different bikes.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so the Scott is gone and have the bike I wanted. Giant XTC . I will be picking it up tomorrow . Of course its derailleur is coming off . I ditched the dropper post. Carbon handle bars going on. I am keen to see its new weight. The Scott was 12kg . Sub 11Kg will be awesome. Pictures to follow .

post-78246-0-95713100-1479387179_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michael Allen

Ok so the Scott is gone and have the bike I wanted. Giant XTC . I will be picking it up tomorrow . Of course its derailleur is coming off . I ditched the dropper post. Carbon handle bars going on. I am keen to see its new weight. The Scott was 12kg . Sub 11Kg will be awesome. Pictures to follow .

come on man ... give the dropper post a chance!

a SS mtb with the seat dropped = lots of fun

Some 'refinements' done to my SS. Raceface 720mm flatbars fitted, with Specialized P2 Overendz <gasp!> and an On-One 29.8mm seatpost clamp (thanks Sepia!). I'm really enjoying the flatbars with the bar ends on long and sustained climbs. I know they are seen as "so 1990s" or "taboo" by many, but I've chosen function over aesthetics. It becomes a serious comfort factor after 66.6666 kilometers, or something like that.

post-37016-0-10000700-1479393778_thumb.jpg

post-37016-0-29618500-1479393789_thumb.jpg

post-37016-0-54549500-1479393806_thumb.jpg

post-37016-0-83873600-1479393813_thumb.jpg

Heia?

Avianto on the west side ( the wedding venue side)

Edit: I have not been to Heia since that serious case of newownertjop disease broke out there, my inoculation is not up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by RocknRolla

11.2KG

I imagine most of the weight is sitting with the fork and wheel/ tyre setup. Many steel framed SS rigs are sub 10.

Oh and a hint - weight isn't such a big deal in SS land... same as telling people you ride SS. Hush hush.