I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Just good sometimes to be reminded of the treasures right under our noses. Kirstenbosch, they rate as the no. 6 botanical garden in the world. Not bad at all, if you think that it is only just over a 100 years old. And you can now ride your bike through the top part of it, as part of the Constantia Neck to Rhodes Memorial route. Part of it is on really nice single track built specially for us by the Botanical Society. 

https://10mosttoday.com/10-best-botanical-gardens-in-the-world/

post-17716-0-68868200-1512579692_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

http://img.izismile.com/img/img10/20171205/640/daily_picdump_2686_640_47.jpg

I would be sooooooo nervous in there!

I'd be equally nervous walking past it, wondering if there is some peeping Tom watching me...

post-2696-0-66937200-1512627148_thumb.jpg

Day 6:

A Caterpillar in the Carina Nebula. Scattered across the enormous Carina nebula are numerous dense clumps of cosmic gas and dust called Bok globules, including this one, which resembles a huge glowing caterpillar. First described by by astronomer Bart Bok, the globules are relatively small, dark, and cold regions made up of molecular hydrogen, carbon oxides, helium, and dust. The glowing edge of the caterpillar indicates that it is being photoionized by the hottest stars in the surrounding cluster. It has been hypothesized that stars may form inside these dusty cocoons.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Day 6:

A Caterpillar in the Carina Nebula. Scattered across the enormous Carina nebula are numerous dense clumps of cosmic gas and dust called Bok globules, including this one, which resembles a huge glowing caterpillar. First described by by astronomer Bart Bok, the globules are relatively small, dark, and cold regions made up of molecular hydrogen, carbon oxides, helium, and dust. The glowing edge of the caterpillar indicates that it is being photoionized by the hottest stars in the surrounding cluster. It has been hypothesized that stars may form inside these dusty cocoons.

love this type of stuff, but I would like to know how accurate that 'photo' is in terms of colour. Surely the images they get from Hubble , etc are in B & W?

love this type of stuff, but I would like to know how accurate that 'photo' is in terms of colour. Surely the images they get from Hubble , etc are in B & W?

Not very.. they normally are false colour Photo's made up of various different composites..

See Info Here

Just good sometimes to be reminded of the treasures right under our noses. Kirstenbosch, they rate as the no. 6 botanical garden in the world. Not bad at all, if you think that it is only just over a 100 years old. And you can now ride your bike through the top part of it, as part of the Constantia Neck to Rhodes Memorial route. Part of it is on really nice single track built specially for us by the Botanical Society. 

i make a point of visiting whenever we are in the Mother City

and this little Gem will be doing her thing there tomorrow night

texas-band-4.jpg