• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

meanwhile, back here on earth people are dying of hunger, disasters etc.

but NOOOOOO

lets spend billions on taking photos of a thing that won't help anyone with anything

but NOOOOOO

lets spend billions on taking photos of a thing that won't help anyone with anything

why must everything be so binary? We can, and do, do both. And yes, it will help. Scientific models can now be confirmed or thrown out, or more data on gravitational constants and space / time etc etc. 

Lenses / sensors being used to catch this data can be used in myriad other areas in the future, and people can now have a more thorough understanding of what things like this look like instead of watching Interstellar and thinking oooooh, pretty

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

but NOOOOOO

EXACTLY!

Why are these so called smart people sciencing? Because sciencing will never help us with world hunger and disasters.

They should take their Ph.Ds, research grants and fancy algorithms and rather do something useful, like grow mielies!

exactly. as a nation and a people we need to get a way from " iether / or " and move towards "and"

As a world, unfortunately. Too many people don't know how to compartmentalise things or concentrate on multiple "causes" 

but NOOOOOO

I really hope you are joking, like Stefmeister was above

EXACTLY!

Why are these so called smart people sciencing? Because sciencing will never help us with world hunger and disasters.

They should take their Ph.Ds, research grants and fancy algorithms and rather do something useful, like grow mielies!

LOL. Exactly. 

Hello, Yellow Rice. Hello GMO. Hello disease resistant crops that anti-GMO zealots are refusing to learn how they work and saying they're baaaad for everything. 

LOL. Exactly. 

Hello, Yellow Rice. Hello GMO. Hello disease resistant crops that anti-GMO zealots are refusing to learn how they work and saying they're baaaad for everything. 

or more to the point at hand: hello understanding gravity and the cosmos so that we will be able to save ourselves from a massive astroid one day in the future

We have had a visible photograph-able black hole for a government for the last couple of decades...also sucks in matters around, never to be seen again...

SARS-Logo.jpg

but NOOOOOO

Urgh. Seriously? You’re joking right?

You do know that these “scientists” that are spending billions, were also responsible for developing the www (the platform you’re using right now to bitch about them) while working on the CERN LHC. The thing that practically revolutionized the last 20-30 years. And that was just a “by-product” of a project far bigger that the world wide web.