I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Ever been on a 80 hour bender carrying tyres, poles, being broken down? Thats what is necessary sometimes to break old walls down to the foundation, and then the rebuilding process start. Some people are made for it/ can handle it, some cannot, simple as that.

I hated it and I thought the idea of "rebuilding" was ridiculous.

But the really funny thing is that now I'm doing self-inflicted PT, with long runs everyday and HiiT calisthenics that are as nasty as anything the PTIs ever dished out. And I'm enjoying it.

Life's funny that way. And looking back, now I'd have a very different attitude to exercise in the military. Youth is really wasted on the young.

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

But the really funny thing is that now I'm doing self-inflicted PT, with long runs everyday and HiiT calisthenics that are as nasty as anything the PTIs ever dished out. And I'm enjoying it.

Life's funny that way. And looking back, now I'd have a very different attitude to exercise in the military. Youth is really wasted on the young.

Indeed, I admire the irony of this when I see how popular boot camp/jeep warrior/tough mudder are now that no one is forced to do them.

Luckily for me I was so fit from my sports training that I was able to cruise through all the PTI sessions when I went for my basics

Never be first or last in any activity was my motto for my two years.

If you look at the folk on the left, they also have camera's out filming this - do you think this was a set up ?

Probably don't want to involve themselves. Much like the recent Virgin Active one where the person filming did not intervene. 

If you look at the folk on the left, they also have camera's out filming this - do you think this was a set up ?

They all are