• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not watched the whole series, but what I have seen has been very interesting.

A friend got addicted to watching this, the amount of work and detail involved in the whole build is just eye watering.

I have not watched the whole series, but what I have seen has been very interesting.

I've been following this since he started a couple of years ago. The attention to detail and craftsmanship (shipbuilding) is inspiring.

Also following these guys - another great build.

Edited by Lotus

no air-con? no power steering? probably better as a dream car than one you actually drive.

Or do they add the extras when they do them up?

When you drive that to Muizenberg beach, you'll be so cool the whole place will drop a couple of degrees C.

Edited by DJR

no air-con? no power steering? probably better as a dream car than one you actually drive.

Or do they add the extras when they do them up?

My boet's project - a 23 window samba replica with sunroof - will hopefully be drivable in December. His will have aircon, 2 liter air cooled engine with upgraded suspension and disc brakes. Anything worth doing is worth over doing... 

@Hairy: That (Chestnut brown/sealing wax red) was one of the 1952 original colour combinations. The others were light beige/brownish beige, dove blue, ivory (ambulance), grey (ambulance) and silver grey.

When you drive that to Muizenberg beach, you'll be so cool the whole place will drop a couple of degrees C.

Especially with those "spliff windows".

A friend got addicted to watching this, the amount of work and detail involved in the whole build is just eye watering.

Ha, also been follow this closely from the start, staggering detail and research going into this restoration! Real old-school boat building techniques mixed with hi-tech application...a joy to watch!

Edited by capediver

If you interested in restorations, watch this fellow apply his skills to watch repairs! The Nekkid Watchmaker...there are quite a few watch restorers on YT and lot have dispensed with all but the most necessary commentary so I find it very therapeutic, but this guy has just such a great way with guiding you through the process with wit and knowledge......he has tried to drop the commentary and got stormed by his followers to continue....his following is growing exponentially!

Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJ7LRO4GaHZdzowk2-7hJw