• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to save water, we need to understand where the usage originates.

I don't have the stats on hand, but last I heard, personal consumption and residential usage is dwarfed by that of industry?

heard it is something like 70% that goes to industries. 

I know you are pulling the piss but seriously Steenbras was there when I was in the army and thats a friggen long time ago

I was involved in both the Steenbras and Drakensberg Pump Storage Schemes and ....i have forgotten what was involved it is so long ago

Problem is the apartheid government built the dams too big. If they were smaller, they would be fuller.... This is a true story from national government minister.

Also you can only build dams where there are catchment areas to feed the dam. Just look at the dam they buit in Namibia outside Kleinwindhoek. It is still dry.

So all one can do is manage what you have and if no water comes out of the sky, well then.......

If you want to save water, we need to understand where the usage originates.

I don't have the stats on hand, but last I heard, personal consumption and residential usage is dwarfed by that of industry?

Not so in fact - household use is larger than agriculture and industry and by a large margin.

City of Cape Town web page sets it all out for the WC area.