I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Shame that with all that technology they couldn't prevent her from driving like a tosser.

Yah, true, I dont quite understand it though, I cant remember that stretch of Rivonia Road anymore, but it doesn't look like there is a sharp corner or a circle or similar which she just couldn't take at that speed,... so I can only assume she completely lost control of the vehicle on a relatively straight road....speed clearly played a part but it could also suggest another issue, a Tyre blowout maybe?....perhaps someone who knows the road / area presently can fill me in?.  

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most damage was in the cockpit.  I would have fully cr@pped myself there.

"aahhh, when I land please can someone bring me a fresh overall? I think I just cr@pped meself, mate?"

Thats pretty darn spectacular. The Fast and Furious franchise would be envious.

But, to be honest the fact that she has lived to tell the tale I think speaks volumes to the build quality and safety standards of the Audi brand.   

I think it was more owing to the Good Luck Fairy

http://www.jocelynlawman.co.uk/images/products/main/good-luck-fairy.jpg

Yah, true, I dont quite understand it though, I cant remember that stretch of Rivonia Road anymore, but it doesn't look like there is a sharp corner or a circle or similar which she just couldn't take at that speed,... so I can only assume she completely lost control of the vehicle on a relatively straight road....speed clearly played a part but it could also suggest another issue, a Tyre blowout maybe?....perhaps someone who knows the road / area presently can fill me in?.  

If your tyre blows at 60 - 80 km/h which I'm sure is the speed limit there, you're not going to take off like that..

I think the car may just be called Christine?  :ph34r: 

Its a slight left turn for her. If you look carefully you see her headlights in the top of the shot. Its a dual lane road with an island in the middle so she was on the other side of the road so actually went over the middle island and then across the oncoming road and then flew into the land rover entrance. You can also see the cars that pass through shot before her are going much slower so you can sort of use it as a reference. When you see her lights you can see she is going quickly. So many of these young people now buying Vrrr Phaas and driving them so irresponsibly.  Scary thing is we sometimes ride that exact road at that sort of time on a Saturday morning. Imagine she hit a group of cyclists on her way to the land rover entrance.

Take a look on googleEarth for LandRover Sandton. It shows the empty site, but if you swivel to the right you'll be looking at where she was coming from. She was really moving.

Edited by DawieO

Its a slight left turn for her. If you look carefully you see her headlights in the top of the shot. Its a dual lane road with an island in the middle so she was on the other side of the road so actually went over the middle island and then across the oncoming road and then flew into the land rover entrance. You can also see the cars that pass through shot before her are going much slower so you can sort of use it as a reference. When you see her lights you can see she is going quickly. So many of these young people now buying Vrrr Phaas and driving them so irresponsibly.  Scary thing is we sometimes ride that exact road at that sort of time on a Saturday morning. Imagine she hit a group of cyclists on her way to the land rover entrance.

Take a look on googleEarth for LandRover Sandton. It shows the empty site, but if you swivel to the right you'll be looking at where she was coming from. She was really moving.

to really "appreciate" her speed ... you will see a taxi on the road before she flies into shot ... taxi was going wwaaayyyy slower.

to really "appreciate" her speed ... you will see a taxi on the road before she flies into shot ... taxi was going wwaaayyyy slower.

And they(taxis) usually do more than the speed limit anyway.