I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

So he polished his torpedo .. Is it really that big a deal ? 

The Royal Navy has some very strict rules about sex aboard ships.  As in operational ships have no alcohol or nookie aboard at all..... A Naval Officer is like a celibate Monk during operations.

Something to do with respecting chain of command and the morals of married men.  (Churchill lamented that after corporal punishment and the rum ration were discontinued, there was bugger all fun left in the Navy.  He would have turned in his grave if he learnt of females aboard ships)

So so far three women and two men have drawn the ire of the Admiralty on this issue,

Cdr Susan West- relieved of her command for having an affair aboard her ship as Captain

Cdr Armstrong/ SLt Rebecca Edwards - Armstrong was relieved of his command but probably will face worse chargers after the investigation as nine crew members binged on cocaine on a lay over.  SLt Edwards wore his uniform during a tryst which is impersonating an officer.

Lt Cdr Micheal Seal/ Lt  Hannah Litchfield- Lt Cdr Seal was the XO to Cdr Armstrong, so will also probably get charged for dereliction of duty, but he was also involved in crashing another sub of Gilbraltar, so things do not look rosy for him (However, the sexual misconduct is less as he was divorced).  Lt  Litchfield will possibly get a similar punishment to Slt Edwards.

The nine dopey sailors have already been dismissed.

In the end in order to resolve this embarrassment, we will probably see Armstrong and Seal being charged, court martial-ed and dismissed in the most humiliating fashion.  If Edwards and Litchfield remain in the RN they will be hidden on desk somewhere is Whitehall or Portsmouth for the rest of their careers

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

The Royal Navy has some very strict rules about sex aboard ships.  As in operational ships have no alcohol or nookie aboard at all..... A Naval Officer is like a celibate Monk during operations.

Something to do with respecting chain of command and the morals of married men.  (Churchill lamented that after corporal punishment and the rum ration were discontinued, there was bugger all fun left in the Navy.  He would have turned in his grave if he learnt of females aboard ships)

So so far three women and two men have drawn the ire of the Admiralty on this issue,

Cdr Susan West- relieved of her command for having an affair aboard her ship as Captain

Cdr Armstrong/ SLt Rebecca Edwards - Armstrong was relieved of his command but probably will face worse chargers after the investigation as nine crew members binged on cocaine on a lay over.  SLt Edwards wore his uniform during a tryst which is impersonating an officer.

Lt Cdr Micheal Seal/ Lt  Hannah Litchfield- Lt Cdr Seal was the XO to Cdr Armstrong, so will also probably get charged for dereliction of duty, but he was also involved in crashing another sub of Gilbraltar, so things do not look rosy for him (However, the sexual misconduct is less as he was divorced).  Lt  Litchfield will possibly get a similar punishment to Slt Edwards.

The nine dopey sailors have already been dismissed.

In the end in order to resolve this embarrassment, we will probably see Armstrong and Seal being charged, court martial-ed and dismissed in the most humiliating fashion.  If Edwards and Litchfield remain in the RN they will be hidden on desk somewhere is Whitehall or Portsmouth for the rest of their careers

Ah ok. So there's a lot more going on than some casual consenting frigging in the rigging here.

Gees, I though the Royal Navy would have been a lot more stoic than than what is emerging from these stories. Shiver me timbers .. 

Ah ok. So there's a lot more going on than some casual consenting frigging in the rigging here.

Gees, I though the Royal Navy would have been a lot more stoic than than what is emerging from these stories. Shiver me timbers .. 

It's not only a stiff upper lip they have... ;)

me at my first XCO race after the fast okes passed me halfway through my first lap

Chirp of the day ????????????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AUubFZs988

I watched this IMAX doccie. It is EPIC on a grand scale.

What I would give to just one time be in the rear seat of an F-15E as it blasts down the runway, takes off at full afterburners on those two monster jet engines, and get rocketed at breakneck speed straight up to 55000m, touching the fringes of space. All this in about the same time it took me to type all this, and click Post...(well, not quite, but darn near enough)

Not the same, but loooooong time ago I won a flip in an Impala Mk II...

I don't love speed, but don't mind it either, but that rolling shiite and up and down not for me... I warned the pilot beforehand, plus I had some rank...

Can't say I'll pay to do it again, free-falling out of airplane was much better.

*sits and patiently waits for people to comment about those who leave a perfectly serviceable aircraft mid-flight* :P

This ^ and bungy jumping, never in my natural life where I've got free will.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

This ^ and bungy jumping, never in my natural life where I've got free will.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

At Orlando Towers up here they have an option for bungee in a straight jacket, I still want to do that.

If you don't like bungee, you'll hate rap jumping... (I thought it was awesome)