• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I view the Canyon site often. It's a thing of beauty!

Never seen any toilet paper or spray can art (there is plenty of other artwork to look at though)

attachicon.gifCanyon.png

:cursing: :cursing: :P

I have always been of the opinion that we need to stick it out in SA for as long as possible. But things like this (along with a bunch of other things) has my wife and I seriously considering making an overseas move.

I'm nearing sixty, so that is not really an option for us anymore, but man, if we were 20 years younger, we were gone. My youngest is 20, and he will be gone in two years, if that long...

I'm nearing sixty, so that is not really an option for us anymore, but man, if we were 20 years younger, we were gone. My youngest is 20, and he will be gone in two years, if that long...

We are late 20s, so sitting in the position where we can go - but it's a toss up, having lived in Australia as a teen I am well aware that other countries may be safe/well functioning/etc, but they have other issues kids in SA do not have as much exposure to. We're of the thinking at the moment that we go for 5 years and set ourselves up and create a safety net - come back to SA and have kids here. Dunno though, all just thinking at this stage.

We are late 20s, so sitting in the position where we can go - but it's a toss up, having lived in Australia as a teen I am well aware that other countries may be safe/well functioning/etc, but they have other issues kids in SA do not have as much exposure to. We're of the thinking at the moment that we go for 5 years and set ourselves up and create a safety net - come back to SA and have kids here. Dunno though, all just thinking at this stage.

Friends of mine have 3 kids(17, 15 and 6). End of last year, packed up and moved to the UK. His parents/family live there and her family live in Portugal. Made the move "for the kids". Lasted 6 months and came back. Said they will take the issues here any day and its lank k@k over there. The 2 older kids hated it. They say at least they did it and if they hadn't they would never have know what it was like and would always live with regret. On the flip side I have another friend who moved there about 3 years back and they and the 2 kids are loving it.

We have had so many guys from the aviation field leave for all over the world to other aviation companies and half come back, half you never see again. 

Making a splash: American town launches Uranus Examiner newspaper.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/sep/14/american-town-launches-uranus-examiner-newspaper-missouri

Quote:

"This week publishers announced the launch of the Uranus Examiner, a new local paper in Pulaski County in the southern US state. It quickly became the butt of controversy, flushing out critics who wasted no time attacking the new title."

The town's mayor is called Luge Hardman.

The kids ... always a tough one when moving.  German schools are not easy for new kids.  That seem to be a given.  Both kids took a bit of time to adapt and they missed their friends in SA especially in the beginning.  The youngest adapted very well in the end and has a very good social life at school.  The new school year started this week and she was extremely exited to go back to school.  The oldest had it very tough.  She was mobbed (bullied) pretty badly.  She was however diagnosed with Autism 2 months ago which almost makes sense.  We noticed odd things in SA already and she has been to several therapist and speech therapists and nobody picked it up.  Looking where we are now I am very glad we are in Munich as Munich apparently is one of the cities in Germany that has the strongest support system/organisations wrt Autism.  We are still learning how to go about it.

The kids ... always a tough one when moving.  German schools are not easy for new kids.  That seem to be a given.  Both kids took a bit of time to adapt and they missed their friends in SA especially in the beginning.  The youngest adapted very well in the end and has a very good social life at school.  The new school year started this week and she was extremely exited to go back to school.  The oldest had it very tough.  She was mobbed (bullied) pretty badly.  She was however diagnosed with Autism 2 months ago which almost makes sense.  We noticed odd things in SA already and she has been to several therapist and speech therapists and nobody picked it up.  Looking where we are now I am very glad we are in Munich as Munich apparently is one of the cities in Germany that has the strongest support system/organisations wrt Autism.  We are still learning how to go about it.

Sterkte

Sterkte

Thanks.  Not as bad as it sounds but it does affect her social skills and speech to quite an extend.  But now that we have a diagnosis we have a direction to work and the diagnosis opens doors to extra support from medical aid and other social support branches.  She is still at a government school but to a new one where the teachers have been trained to deal with Autism.  There are 4 other kids with Autism in the school.

Thanks.  Not as bad as it sounds but it does affect her social skills and speech to quite an extend.  But now that we have a diagnosis we have a direction to work and the diagnosis opens doors to extra support from medical aid and other social support branches.  She is still at a government school but to a new one where the teachers have been trained to deal with Autism.  There are 4 other kids with Autism in the school.

And it's not like she's any less of a child or any less of your child. I think we often look at it as "Oh, autism" instead of still seeing the person that is there.

And it's not like she's any less of a child or any less of your child. I think we often look at it as "Oh, autism" instead of still seeing the person that is there.

When she was informed she said now she has a disability.  I said to her it is no disability, you are only different and we just need to learn how to manage these differences and she would still be able to live a normal life.