I have an idea for a new thread...

TNT1

Weskus staple bra!

My in laws live on the Weskus. Tried bokkoms once, nah, not for me. MIGHT try it again next time I'm there.

Edited by WeekendWarrior80

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my pork eating days, I had maple syrup infused maple smoked bacon..... wow that was good

went to restaurant the other day and had bacon brittle (like peanut brittle, but with crispy bacon) on ice cream. That may have been the most amazing thing ever to have happened in my mouth

That is because you are from the Eastern Cape, no self respecting Western Cape person would drink that swill .... .and yes I know what you are going to say, that papsak is considered to be the "good stuff" in GP Land, but we know better.

secret is to drown the taste with papsak wyn 

secret is to drown the taste with papsak wyn 

Nah, if I do the whole bokkoms thing again, I will most likely be drinking a dry red, as my mother in law normally has a few glasses of that over the weekends, or I might have a Castle with my father in law. They're not big fans of bokkoms themselves (they're originally from Amanzimtoti), I just tried bokkoms to get a 'real' feel of the Weskus.

siffest local food.

bokkoms

Bokkoms_-_whole%2C_salted_and_dried_mull

rollmops

Rollmops_01_retouched.jpg

pofadders

20369739_1508520449194729_41439753750825

I'll just stop here

http://www.watertandresepteviroudenjonk.com/uploads/1/9/4/8/19486401/437810.jpg?383

siffest local food.

bokkoms

Bokkoms_-_whole%2C_salted_and_dried_mull

rollmops

Rollmops_01_retouched.jpg

pofadders

20369739_1508520449194729_41439753750825

I'll just stop here

http://www.watertandresepteviroudenjonk.com/uploads/1/9/4/8/19486401/437810.jpg?383

I actually like rollmops.A kraut colleague introduced me to it...gives me heartburn tho.