• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• Hairy

• gummibear

• Eddy Gordo

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't.

I did grow up with Bull terriers and Sheep dogs. I like dogs, but since my last bite, which occurred while I was on my mtb.... I am not exactly fond of dogs, and I just get highly agitated when I hear one bark or growl. My neighbour's dog tried to kill their cat a few months back and I was in my kitchen and I started trembling, not from fear, but rage. I had that "red mist" that people refer to come over me.

I am sure it is some form of underlying ptsd or call it what you will, but I am sure as anything that I will NEVER allow a dog to try bite me, or my family, ever again.

I almost lost an eye to Corgie when I was about 4.

When I was about 8 I jumped on my sleeping 18months old Rottweiler and in a split second it has my entire face in its mouth. She immediately realized what was going on and let go and you could see she was sorry and tried to lick my wounds better. It was not her fault. I was angry at her and did speak to her for a few days. I went on camp a few days after, she died (cat flu) while I was away. Regrets to this day.

Shortly after that, I got cornered by a group of big dogs who must have gotten out, while playing in a park (read storm drains in Doornkloof) they had me cornered and barked at me for more than an hour, not fun I was petrified.

I was very scared of big dogs for a long time, it took many years to get over it, but it was worth it ????????

Edited by Patchelicious

We have Pyrenean Mountain dogs here - they're like small horses! Big, Lazy, Cuddly . . . but Ibet they eat you out of house and home!

We're not in a position to have pets right now but "Wendy" loves Boxers and had a lovely old one before we left SA.