Gumtree Classics

Cycho

I don't go onto Gomboom but my brother does, all the time. He is looking for a car, a small daily runabout... Some of the dodgy things he has seen and told me about defy belief. But the best was he was interested in an ad for an old Ford Fiesta. Only one photo on the advert, so he phones and asks for more photos of the car, if possible. The lady duly sends him a WhatsApp with more photos. As well as a video of the radio playing, so he can 'hear how good the sound is…’

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I LOVE windsurfer chancers.

windsurfing was HUGE in the 80s

there's loads and loads of boards from that era in granny's garage just sitting there.

modern stuff is *** expensive, but it's a million time better.

it is not like cycling where a good condition steel bike takes on an antique sort of value.

They are worth about R50 each.

but you get guys like this trying their luck:

Original Windsurfer board

• Length: 3 100mm
  • Mast & Boom
  • 2 x High Performance battened Sails & extras
  • Excellent condition
$_20.JPG
$_20.JPG

I LOVE windsurfer chancers.

windsurfing was HUGE in the 80s

Hmmmm, I enjoyed it in the 80s.

At the price of a restaurant meal, maybe I should look to spend a couple of hundred rand and get myself an old rig to play with on holiday

At the price of a restaurant meal, maybe I should look to spend a couple of hundred rand and get myself an old rig to play with on holiday

Hey Ian

I used to make the annual pilgrimage to the Trench in Luderitz for the speed trials, needle board and a 10m2 camber induced rig in search of the holy grail of 40kts!  Never made it quite to 40 but had a lot of fun. Perhaps Emmerentia one afternoon if the wind is blowing we should dust of a few boards and sail, and then drink beer.....

Edited by broncoza

as long as everything is in one piece!

• 1 month later...

I bought an original 1 design windsurfer a month ago for 400 ZAR + 2 Bottles of captain. Immaculate. Mint Condition for its age. 2 sails both in top condition. Boom, Mast 100% complete. Took it for a sail, brought out the kid in me... was such a jol. will be doing a lot more of that in the future. In Europe they are making a big comeback. I agree not worth 3k but they are rising in price.

• 9 months later...