Neil's Wheels did it again !!!

Mad Dog

The guy probably buys and sell hundreds of bikes and we can account for three being stolen (and all were returned, i assume), sounds like some hubbers are on a witch hunt.

If you think about it, had Neil's wheels not been around those "recovered" bikes would not have been recovered.

Lastly, There are too many infants making speculative comments on this thread. I have not seen one bit of evidence that suggests Neil is buying bikes he knows to be stolen or that he is inserting false entries into his 2nd hand register.

Somebody has to play devil's advocate

Edited by crackajack

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy probably buys and sell hundreds of bikes and we can account for three being stolen (and all were returned, i assume), sounds like some hubbers are on a witch hunt.

If you think about it, had Neil's wheels not been around those "recovered" bikes would not have been recovered.

Lastly, There are too many infants making speculative comments on this thread. I have not seen one bit of evidence that suggests Neil is buying bikes he knows to be stolen or that he is inserting false entries into his 2nd hand register.

You just fell into the same assumption trap, unfortunately. Not all the bikes have been recovered, in fact, he let one disappear between the rightful owner spotting it there, and coming back with the police.

There is a thread somewhere with all the gory details.

HuH, are you serious? They also would not have an outlet to sell stolen bikes - Three people have found there bikes there, what more evidence do you need?

Please guys - keep your emotions in the box. Dont insult.

Also dont post details.

I know its hard - but think before you press enter on topics such as these.

And respect the devils advocate...its just an alternative view making sure all sides of the coin get looked at.

Also dont post details.

And respect the devils advocate...its just an alternative view making sure all sides of the coin get looked at.

Slowone I just nearly fell off my chair :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slowone I just nearly fell off my chair :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you nearly fall of your chair - you are either on it or off it. Like a 1 or a 0.

I did add the qualify "I know its hard ...."

Also dont post details.

I thought about it, long and hard for the last two seconds.

Why does Neil need others to play devils advocate for him, can't he be transparent enough himself, till he can do this, he is a skelm.

No Caerus. I am not serious about that comment ( maybe the underlying sarcasm wasn't transparent enough ;) )

How do you nearly fall of your chair - you are either on it or off it. Like a 1 or a 0.

I did add the qualify "I know its hard ...."

Nearly must fall in the same category as a binary.

Why does Neil need others to play devils advocate for him, can't he be transparent enough himself, till he can do this, he is a skelm.

:thumbup:

thats about 2 seconds longer than some.

If it's only 3 it would still be a reasonable debate... When I got mine back from him after a hubber saw it, the police mentioned 2 other bikes found with him earlier that year. Then the hubber that found mine there had his stolen bike end up with Neil (after asking him to look out for it he saw Neil had advertised it on Gumtree). Then there is the guy who found his 2 stolen bikes in the alley behind Neil's shop after Neil denied having them. Then the Giant VT that disappeared before the police recovered it after Neil had been told it was stolen and that he must keep it. Then this GT that started this thread...

That's at least 8 that I can remember offhand. I also saw someone mention a Giant DH that Neil sold which was stolen and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting... Those are only the ones I know of that have been recovered from him! 9 bikes minimum!!!

Edited by Edge_Design

Also dont post details.

Thanks for editing my earlier post, hope my last one shows that I'm not jumping to conclusions here, it's something I've spent many months/years monitoring to draw the conclusions I have...

If it's only 3 it would still be a reasonable debate... When I got mine back from him after a hubber saw it, the police mentioned 2 other bikes found with him earlier that year. Then the hubber that found mine there had his stolen bike end up with Neil (after asking him to look out for it he saw Neil had advertised it on Gumtree). Then there is the guy who found his 2 stolen bikes in the alley behind Neil's shop after Neil denied having them. Then the Giant VT that disappeared before the police recovered it after Neil had been told it was stolen and that he must keep it. Then this GT that started this thread...

That's at least 8 that I can remember offhand. I also saw someone mention a Giant DH that Neil sold which was stolen and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting... Those are only the ones I know of that have been recovered from him! 9 bikes minimum!!!

When you start laying down the numbers it very quickly becomes very scary!

Well after the first 2 that he sold surely he would of taken more precautions? :unsure: Fool me once shame on u fool me twice shame on me springs to mind.