Tokai: :thumbup: :thumbdown:

(Deon)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a lekker ride last night, despite it being a little bit chilly up level 5....the forest is full of people these days!

think we skipped that bit on the way down, but i have some proof of a good time after a quick lie down anyway

:thumbup: , :thumbup:

Do alot of riding all over the place BUT I still dig Tokai, its my home trail!

Just wish there was more single track because once you climb up most of the single track (Faerie Garden, my roots, boomslang, mamba & Boulders) there is no more..... :(

Then its time to turn around and bomb down the same single track and simply ride back up!

(Depending what time as it may not suit riding up some sections due to traffic)

Thanks for the info, will def ride it on the weekend, I've been riding there recently but will now look out for the right turn-off.

Not sure of my confidence levels after being of the bike for so long :unsure: but am very tempted to have a go :whistling:

Don't worry Leet, you know you always push yourself harder when you have an audience. Not too much though, i am not carrying you down the mountain

Guest Omega Man

the forest is full of people these days!

Yeah. don't these people have jobs dammit? Haha. Loving Tokai at the moment on my AM/DH bike.

Feel that its an excellent spot that offers all levels of riding. From beginners to advanced riders :thumbup:

To answer the original question, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I haven't yet found anywhere that matches the variety of riding that can be had at Tokai.

the only downside for me is the cutting of all the trees as i am like an old car, i overheat very quickly. Give me -5C and im happy, upwards of 25C and i start to suffer so the genocide with the trees really gets me

Tokai is awesome.

My wish list:

1. More single track in Tokai and to be a little closer to home, so I can ride there every second day.

2. Lebanon and Oak Valley intergalactic portal, so that I can alternate between Tokai and Grabouw.

2. Single track routes from devils peak onto TM onto Signal Hill!

Thanks - sort it out now!

the only downside for me is the cutting of all the trees as i am like an old car, i overheat very quickly. Give me -5C and im happy, upwards of 25C and i start to suffer so the genocide with the trees really gets me

Agree, not so happy about the tree killing! The forests make Tokai what it is!

Mofo, on DH1, after the Boulders crossing, the course takes a long right bend into a double.. the new divert is there and heads off right along the contour for a bit, but in the air.

It is littered with doubles, berms, drop-offs and a ski-style jump off a MOFO of a rock. All do-able but I would recommend 5" and up. (That said, no reason why long travel HT won't do it.. watchya say Jimmy??) Watched a Trance chase Morewood and Mongoose DH rigs. I swear at one point the armoured rider on the MW was in the way.. the Trance was looking for a way around! The Mongoose could not keep up.. he he

Please, must say now, dragging brakes might end in injury.. trail best ridden with minimal brakes!

Now need to get Parks involved in a hike-a-bike route for the way back up.. ;)

Just got back from a very wet & wild session up there. AWESOME AWESOME trail lads. I'm really glad I didn't gun it right away, and chose to roll it to see what it's about. Lots of great bits. I really like the fact that some sections don't have chicken runs. Makes commitment a big part of the route. Beautifully built as well. The berms are crazy good, and those sharp lip rock booters are great. I only got a couple of runs in before the heavens opened up and I had to retreat. I ended up taking a pretty massive wipe out on a trail above boulders. Stoked to see such great trail work, inspiring. 10/10