A diferrent kind of 'snake bite'

jusbob

well i'm studying veterinary.

i decided to do something a little more challenging where my patients wont tell me whats wrong with them, and also so i can be asked for the rest of my life why i didnt become a real doctor :huh:

Cool :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode over this poor little fikker earlier this year. He did not survive a Conti Mountain King and my fat ass.

Is that twig snake??

post-12957-0-81982500-1314295310.jpg

Mozambique Spitting Cobra!! Found this one in the garden, kids were crying because it just ate their favourite toad........ They had been playing and swimming right next to it all afternoon!! The youngest one wanted to catch it and retrieve the poor toad...sad.gif

Phoned an experienced snake catcher to move the little guy to nature reserve next to our house. You can actually see the toad in its belly....

post-12957-0-19645300-1314295255.jpgpost-12957-0-87189800-1314295243.jpg

post-12957-0-81982500-1314295310.jpg

Mozambique Spitting Cobra!! Found this one in the garden, kids were crying because it just ate their favourite toad........ They had been playing and swimming right next to it all afternoon!! The youngest one wanted to catch it and retrieve the poor toad...sad.gif

Phoned an experienced snake catcher to move the little guy to nature reserve next to our house. You can actually see the toad in its belly....

post-12957-0-19645300-1314295255.jpgpost-12957-0-87189800-1314295243.jpg

Correct my friend , a skaapsteker it is

also commonly known as an Australian or New Zealander...

i have had a few snake encounters onthe mtb.durban and surrounding areas is full of the buggers.have seen black mamba,a friend of mine rode over a baby mozam spitting cobra a few feet ahead of me,rode past a night adder in the sugar cane near umhlanga,another mate of mine had a black mamba strike at his wheel and flip into the air(giba gorge),another mate nearly rode over a mamba at giba as well.oh and saw my wife ride past a natal black snake about two feet from her.she was completely onlivious until i mentioned it to her.very wary when riding anywhere in the sugar cane,especially in summer.snakes are **** scared of us and will just move away most of the time,they will come towards us only if threatened or if we are in thier escape route.beautiful creatures,but i crap myself for them.respect

Prepare for some name-dropping! On the first Cape Pioneer Trek as we were heading into the Kamanassie, we rode past 2 big puff adders; the third one jumped up at Christoph Sauser and tried to schnack his hand. It actually got a tooth to his glove - and I was right behind him. Saw the thing strike out of the grass and bounce off his glove. Brown trouser moment of note!

ohmy.gifohmy.gif hectic!!

Prepare for some name-dropping! On the first Cape Pioneer Trek as we were heading into the Kamanassie, we rode past 2 big puff adders; the third one jumped up at Christoph Sauser and tried to schnack his hand. It actually got a tooth to his glove - and I was right behind him. Saw the thing strike out of the grass and bounce off his glove. Brown trouser moment of note!

also commonly known as an Australian or New Zealander...

Skaapsteker! Bastards! I just hope they don't develop a taste for Springbok next month.

Was cycling in the Baardskeerdersbos area (close to Gansbaai) a few years ago. So I came around a corner and there was a long branch lying across the road. So I moved to the side to pass it... and then the branch started to move in my direction...on closer inspection it was a beaut of a Cape Cobra. But ja, I did k@k myself in several shades of brown, and ja, I did have my eyes tested the following week.

Correct my friend , a skaapsteker it is

Never seen one before........We have loads of Twig snakes in the garden, and thought it might be oneblush.gif (see pic below,taken off google search)

post-12957-0-20288800-1314337075.jpg

Edited by Noneking