Things I've learnt from commuting

zeabre

Anyone else in Gauteng, notice how prevalent those RED PSHB  stickers around the trees, are?

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-10-29-bugs-borers-and-heatwaves-life-and-mental-health-in-a-hotter-joburg/

Riding through Saxonwold, Rosebank and Dunkeld I see them all over the place.

ok I read that entire article (granted quickly) and am still none the wiser as to what the PSHB stickers actually mean.

Edit: Never mind, I googled it. 

Edited by ouzo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems that angry men in bakkies don't like being told to fornicate in directions away from cyclists... It's going to be a long week for some people.

Miserable vetties stuck in their suvs in traffic don't take kindly to you zipping past on the left. Expect some bitter fool to pull into the yellow when they see you approaching from behind. Also expect them to be too pathetic to turn their heads to you when you ask them to roll down their windows. Almost as if they are petrified this real person they just tried to off may moer them with a bikepomp.

Often experience this, but the taxi drivers in the CT CBD always give me way on the bike and we often have a chat at red traffic lights.

Had one offer me a lift home one Sunday after a long ride "Oubie you look so tired and the whole van is empty......." Shared a lekker laugh! :D

I’ve recently moved to Lakeside, and thus my shortest commute to Tygervalley has now increased to just under 40km one way. In order to save my spine on the rough roads around Wynberg I bought a 2nd hand Thudbuster. The downhill towards town from Wynberg is fraught with bumps and the Thudbuster works really well absorbing the shock. .....  and thus the morphing of the ‘2012 Ridgeback 3’ continues  :P

So Eddie, how are you finding the Thudbuster? Worthy investment?

So Eddie, how are you finding the Thudbuster? Worthy investment?

Definitely one of my best purchases ever ...  :)  .. 

Even got one for my hard-tail Cotic too now .

Edited by Eddie_V

Never assume that the little black rolled up ball that you took out of the underpants drawer in the early morning dusk, is indeed a pair of underpants........because when you get to work and you take it out of your backpack, it can turn out to be another pair of black socks.

Edited by DJR

uhm .. ja ....

apparently some commuters have a spare pair of underpants hidden in a drawer at work .... or so I have heard ....  :whistling:   :ph34r:

Never assume that the little black rolled up ball that you took out of the underpants drawer in the early morning dusk, is indeed a pair of underpants........because when you get to work and you take it out of your backpack, it can turn out to be another pair of black socks.

At least you can use the sock to cover some parts ????????

snap ... you also going commando today ..... 

Hahahahaha that brings back a memory I suppressed after forgetting my onnie at home too one day. Walking around commando at work was not too bad but also forgetting my socks on the same day was a bit uncomfortable. 

Commuted a few times in the last two weeks and love it. 

What made me laugh this morning was some chommie in a MK1 golf came screaming past me in Lansdowne trying to beat the traffic and when I got to Obs I passed him while he was sitting in traffic... 

Love the commute! 

Commuted a few times in the last two weeks and love it. 

What made me laugh this morning was some chommie in a MK1 golf came screaming past me in Lansdowne trying to beat the traffic and when I got to Obs I passed him while he was sitting in traffic... 

Love the commute! 

Personally love it in the afternoons if we pass a commuter/s that made the horrific error of driving to work due to a strong morning headwind ..... I may or may not always show them a very clear and definite "looser" sign

sad-loser-red-pullover-comic-260nw-15112

Personally love it in the afternoons if we pass a commuter/s that made the horrific error of driving to work due to a strong morning headwind ..... I may or may not always show them a very clear and definite "looser" sign

I just tell myself while I'm riding into the headwind..."Don't moan. It's gonna be an even stronger tailwind at 5pm"

I hit 74km/h along the beach road on way home from work last week between Blouberg circle and big bay. Chasing the sand down the road.

Edited by devocean