Unicycle - NOT a $#@$ing Mountain Bike

zaslinger

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the OP - unicycles and mtbs are so different they should not be in the same race. What's next trail runners and mtbers racing together???

er...thats already happened - Mast Challenge!

Every single unicyclist I've ever come across was a seriously friendly dude. I've never encountered any nasty attitude whatsoever from them (unfortunately the same cannot be said for the wannebe racing types). I find it amazing to watch how they ride seemingly impossible jumps and drops that 95% of mountainbikers cannot do on a two wheeled bike.

They are more than welcome to ride and share the mountain with me any day.

My last word on it.

1. Bad idea to join the shorter routes in as things narrow - just looking for trouble and ruins the event.

2. Unpredictable zigzag all over the place - looking for more trouble.

3. Snotty attitude when clearly making a menace of himself - attracts venom!

4. Unsanctioned by CSA - Hmmm, get out my way, coming through on my racing quad!!

Honestly, if the attitude were different, I'd write it off to experience.

Peace out.

Reading posts like these makes me ashamed to call myself a mtb'er. If you knew how to ride your bike properly you wouldn't have crashed, dude.

he didnt crash - he slashed his tyre. i have been in sitations where the only way to overtake is to plough through the dense growth on the side of the track, and you never know what is hidden in there (especially in forestry track) - chances of hitting a concealed sharp rock or stump is high.

I have to agree with the OP. While i admire unicyclists for doing what i do on my two wheels, they must start from the back at least 10 mins after the last batch.

I think its a bit dodgy on a mtb trail, especially if you get the leaders of the long route joining up with the short route and mixing with the uni's...

But on the road you can easily avoid them.

Guest Omega Man

Every single unicyclist I've ever come across was a seriously friendly dude. I've never encountered any nasty attitude whatsoever from them (unfortunately the same cannot be said for the wannebe racing types). I find it amazing to watch how they ride seemingly impossible jumps and drops that 95% of mountainbikers cannot do on a two wheeled bike.

They are more than welcome to ride and share the mountain with me any day.

+1

Obvious "skill and talent required to ride a unicycle" aside, it just looks so frikkin' gay. Why do it? (closing door behind me)

Doing the Epic on a spacehopper with only Vodka for sustenance would also require commendable co-ordination.

Guest agteros

Like round circles, you mean?

There is a linguistic term for repeating something to drive the point home.. like two wheel bicycles ;) I just could not have bothered to remember what that term is called...

And what would the issue with you waiting for a clear space have been? You probably would have tried to avoid the rock on your BIcycle as well. If someone was behind you whilst doing that, would you have been the source of HIS anger?

Grow up. It's just a ride. And if you were racing a uni for position, you must be SERIOUSLY slow or technically challenged.

Edited by cptmayhem

There is a linguistic term for repeating something to drive the point home.. like two wheel bicycles ;) I just could not have bothered to remember what that term is called...

Tautology. Don't mention it laugh.gif

I think it's tautology? Could be horribly wrong.