Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new pets to look after. These two young sparrowhawks were knocked out of their nests. Probably by an Egyptian Goose or something big. They were found a few hundred metres apart and both have broken their right leg. One is about 4 weeks older than the other. Our local vet has done a great job. Now to keep them quite for a few weeks then off to a sanctuary for rehab

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165527.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165621.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165445.jpg

That's amazing, hope for speedy recoveries Edited by Gen

Had a proper haircut, now the girl working by us said that my daughter didn't bring our dogs home. Hahae6446da8042bb2e59f4b9d87aabba0c7.jpgd08463a33d83a42b92c31f74c63abfae.jpg

Edited by BSG

My 16y old persian cat is busy making her final arrangements and checking out it seems. My wife and I got her when we were in 2nd year at varsity when we just became a thing. She has been part of most of our adult lives together. Gonna mis the little fur ball. Not long now.

I don't have a pic of her in full fur mode because we give her a shave every year after winter. She loves being able to groom and feel her skin once every year lol

She still likes using the dogs as daybeds. She is The BOSS...and the know it and treat her with the respect she deserves.

post-64325-0-91369300-1606971837_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-81373700-1606972155_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-25520400-1606972318_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

Two new pets to look after. These two young sparrowhawks were knocked out of their nests. Probably by an Egyptian Goose or something big. They were found a few hundred metres apart and both have broken their right leg. One is about 4 weeks older than the other. Our local vet has done a great job. Now to keep them quite for a few weeks then off to a sanctuary for rehab

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165527.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165621.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-12-01 165445.jpg

Wow...not your avg pet.Good luck with the rehabilitation [emoji106]

But she still managed to avenge her unborn puppies by eating Wifey's laptop cable.

:D  :D Sorry for laughing. I know it will come back to bite me. Every time I think Stella is past the chewing things to pieces stage, she proves me wrong.  :blush:

From one raptor to another  :thumbup:

Bha ha :clap: .  Well I think those raptors have a better chance of survival with Baldrick than with me.  All my previous attempts to save birds failed rather tragically.

Update of the two birds.

All going well. They are now being kept at the local vet to minimize human contact. I'll be driving them to a rehab centre near Plett in two weeks (sooner if the vet is happy). The rehab centre in Stellenbosch is closer but they will only release in their area.

Biggest issue is keeping the bigger chick quiet. He is now finding his wings.

I kinda like this thread :clap:

No tech, No politics, No bragging since STRAVA can't track this, AND pets are good for your emotional well-being.

Before the savage streak in some of you is allowed some fresh air - I say the above with tongue in cheek

Here's my housemates, BUT do not be fooled by the tranquility of the images. At 5 months, the little one lives up to their reputation as being paw X paw terrors. Socks, underwear, shoes, dishwasher drain pipe, electrical cords, garden hoses :wacko:

They tolerate each other remarkably well. The poor cat runs a "gauntlet" each time he makes it to his food station.

Maya ....... 12yr old German

Nanook .........  5mth old Siberian

post-15997-0-81987900-1607060207_thumb.jpg

post-15997-0-97176400-1607060224_thumb.jpg

I kinda like this thread :clap:

No tech, No politics, No bragging since STRAVA can't track this, AND pets are good for your emotional well-being.

Before the savage streak in some of you is allowed some fresh air - I say the above with tongue in cheek

Here's my housemates, BUT do not be fooled by the tranquility of the images. At 5 months, the little one lives up to their reputation as being paw X paw terrors. Socks, underwear, shoes, dishwasher drain pipe, electrical cords, garden hoses :wacko:

They tolerate each other remarkably well. The poor cat runs a "gauntlet" each time he makes it to his food station.

Maya ....... 12yr old German

Nanook .........  5mth old Siberian

That picture of them cuddling.........what a winner! :clap:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: