Show us your pets

tunariaan

Wow, he's a different dog after his haircut, cool!

He looks better now. Was cut way too short and the lady hurt him as well. He looked like a French poodle in drag.

So I'll be looking for a new barber in a couple of months.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

D managed to keep his feet dry by skirting all the puddles during our walk on Rondebosch common this afternoon. Back at the car the reflection was so perfect, I wanted to take a picture of them and the Landy from across the water. That's when Stella pulled the unsuspecting D into the drink on her way to me and the camera. Labradors and water! I have always found that the cold and wet seem to energize my ones and Stella is no exception.

I actually like the action that the couple of ripples brings into the shot.

Baloo also loves water. In the middle of winter he'll by swimming in the sea.

This is him yesterday pretending to be a submarine.

2df43d3ebe8d76a4dd92502b64b737c4.jpg

A stray cat who adopted me at work. I call him Gollum

Knowing what we know about ancient Egypt and cats and the afterlife, I wouldn't be surprised if that cat actually is Gollum.......

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report Bruce is down to 19.9kg almost at his goal weight. The Vet is super proud of him. He now gets his arthritis shot every 3 weeks for now and pain meds if needed...but I have only had to give him one last week when he went a bit overboard playing the one day... but he is doing really well on the prescription food which helps with joint care and weight management.

Vet advised we just give it a few months and retake xrays and then take it from there with other supplements..but she was so proud of him when she weighed him..it was actually really sweet...we have the best group of vets at the animal hospital.. we dont always get to see the same vet but they are all always so happy to see Bruce as they've all monitored him over the last 2 months at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

f1d5165bd6567a31b5ec0ea622246cac.jpg

Kiwi and Goofy.

Goofy right is our new baby. He is about 5 weeks old.

Kiwi has been with us for about a year. Sunday was the first time she was outside the cage. She proved to be a little sweetheart and not a little dragon as we thought

I have rottweilers, always had. They sleep inside for many reasons but the main one is: if you are cold, they are cold. Also, a dog inside the house is much better than a gun in a safe...

Much love all you fur-parents! ❤️

Edit: by the time you wake up to get your shooter ready, the dog has long done its job. Just saying...

My dogs sleep inside, but that's because I am scared of then being poisoned at night.

There is still risk of that in the day as well though.

Edited by gemmerbal

Stella hated todays walk because she had to stay on the lead and at heel all the time. With horses and riders around that is how it should be done, at least until she learns that horses are friends who should be given a wide berth. For now she still thinks they need some talking to, but a few sharp clips on the nose and a "NO" got the message across. Very beautiful day and Cape Town still wearing its prettiest flowery frock.

post-17716-0-71979200-1602947464_thumb.jpg

Mutt had his first puffy encounter yesterday afternoon. He usually jumps into the bushes sniffing everything he can find. Yesterday near the upper dam he suddenly leapt backwards, which for him is very unusual. I called him back, attached the lead an investigated. Found a 1.5m puffadder in the bush. I assume the snake made a noise and luckily mutt took a step back and not his usual rush in and ask question later.

Stella seriously disagrees with the sign that says "WALK" - she wants to RUN!

(Investigating a site for one of Ds projects - she was the (unpaid) security consultant!

post-17716-0-33499300-1603011150_thumb.jpg

Mutt had his first puffy encounter yesterday afternoon. He usually jumps into the bushes sniffing everything he can find. Yesterday near the upper dam he suddenly leapt backwards, which for him is very unusual. I called him back, attached the lead an investigated. Found a 1.5m puffadder in the bush. I assume the snake made a noise and luckily mutt took a step back and not his usual rush in and ask question later.

Interestingly part of puff adder stealth is they don't smell, so a hiss is often the first the dog knows about it (or a strike if its unlucky)

https://africageographic.com/stories/new-research-reveals-puff-adders-dont-smell/