Show us your pets

tunariaan

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly part of puff adder stealth is they don't smell, so a hiss is often the first the dog knows about it (or a strike if its unlucky)

https://africageographic.com/stories/new-research-reveals-puff-adders-dont-smell/

Interesting.I never knew that.I know that most snakes do have an odour.We had a female moz spitter that was in and around the house.And you could smell snake.We had 2 ridgebacks and the cat and we could not pin her down.She even laid her eggs under the patio paving and we had littlies scuttling around.They are quite pink when small.One came in through the patio door and bumped into my foot

Interesting.I never knew that.I know that most snakes do have an odour.We had a female moz spitter that was in and around the house.And you could smell snake.We had 2 ridgebacks and the cat and we could not pin her down.She even laid her eggs under the patio paving and we had littlies scuttling around.They are quite pink when small.One came in through the patio door and bumped into my foot

I'd just move [emoji33]

These are my 2 Spandors. A mix between a labrador and a spaniel.

They are sisters but look completely different from their siblings because they dont have long hair.

So when the two of them run around on that wooden floor in unison would that be referred to as Spandor Ballet?

If one had bumped into my foot I think there would have been a me shaped hole in the ceiling. 

My daughter picked up this Bosduif on Wednesday. It fell out of a nest I assume, she brought it into the house, fed it with Pro Nutro. Today it's flying short flights, then this afternoon when my daughter bent down to put water in the bowl, she flew up and sat on her back.b8de6db4e7656db04621b8fea743a446.jpg96b452d50591236d129824f18773f44e.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We have learnt that getting a pool built in a small dorp takes patience. At least the mutt is getting some use out of it.

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2020-11-24 115542.jpg

So our puppy had his first experience of  the family swimming last month. Luckily so far he has shown no inclination to join us.  Maybe cos the other dogs don't swim either.

However he has perfectly mastered the fine art of  performing the obligatory live human check  with his cold nose when you  are having a blissful sleep.  

My daughter picked up this Bosduif on Wednesday. It fell out of a nest I assume, she brought it into the house, fed it with Pro Nutro. Today it's flying short flights, then this afternoon when my daughter bent down to put water in the bowl, she flew up and sat on her back.

Is there any other birds in the bird house?

Is there any other birds in the bird house?

She had a whole lot of different birds. Currently she's only got 2 lovebirds that lives outside. But the dove I assume has found love elsewhere because it's been gone for quite some time now.

Two new pets to look after. These two young sparrowhawks were knocked out of their nests. Probably by an Egyptian Goose or something big. They were found a few hundred metres apart and both have broken their right leg. One is about 4 weeks older than the other. Our local vet has done a great job. Now to keep them quite for a few weeks then off to a sanctuary for rehab

post-11947-0-83679500-1606834809_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-59440500-1606834829_thumb.jpg

post-11947-0-79351500-1606834845_thumb.jpg