Argus Moron

ChrisH

I'm taking photos from the Anzio Road bridge which crosses the bottom of Hospital Bend, when a rider lost his water bottle, which skidded into the gutter on the outside of the road. The rider then stopped on the inside of the road and decided that he couldn't live without his bottle. No problems for this twat, he simply ran across the road in front of the entire group that is screaming down the hill towards him. No amount of screaming and shouting from me would deter him, and believe me my father was a career sailor so I know how to swear. The marshals just watched him go, doing nothing to stop this Darwinian fool from diving into the group.

The photos don't do it any justice as I was using a 70 - 200mm lens and couldn't zoom out to show the size of the group. How the hell he managed to get across without killing someone is beyond me. Remember that the riders in the photos are doing about 60kph at this point. There were some serious skid marks laid down, both on the road and in some shorts, but damn it was a close thing.

To top it all, when he reclaimed his bottle, he then tried to come back across the road to his bike, and only when I threatened to beat the living crap out of him did he walk across the bridge to get to his bike.

OE 72159, you Sir, are a chop.

post-1047-0-36505000-1331489206.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown:

We had a guy who, without notice just unclips both his feet and stretches his legs out on either side as we were going through clifton.

Had to swerve to avoid getting his foot stuck in my spokes.

Cool footage.

Ironically, the dust smudge there ia prob from an earlier crash site.

Cool footage.

Ironically, the dust smudge there ia prob from an earlier crash site.

Does carbon turn to dust??????

I'm taking photos from the Anzio Road bridge which crosses the bottom of Hospital Bend, when a rider lost his water bottle, which skidded into the gutter on the outside of the road. The rider then stopped on the inside of the road and decided that he couldn't live without his bottle. No problems for this twat, he simply ran across the road in front of the entire group that is screaming down the hill towards him. No amount of screaming and shouting from me would deter him, and believe me my father was a career sailor so I know how to swear. The marshals just watched him go, doing nothing to stop this Darwinian fool from diving into the group. The photos don't do it any justice as I was using a 70 - 200mm lens and couldn't zoom out to show the size of the group. How the hell he managed to get across without killing someone is beyond me. Remember that the riders in the photos are doing about 60kph at this point. There were some serious skid marks laid down, both on the road and in some shorts, but damn it was a close thing. To top it all, when he reclaimed his bottle, he then tried to come back across the road to his bike, and only when I threatened to beat the living crap out of him did he walk across the bridge to get to his bike. OE 72159, you Sir, are a chop.
This is the reason i avoid a race with with 35000 riders Edited by arendoog

Man, if he did not go to pick up his bottle, he would've been back here tomorrow wanting to find out if someone picked it up for him!!!

thats what you get if 28 000 of the 35 000 only do one race a year. Its high time that only riders that do qualifying events are allowed to enter. At least that way the idiots are spread over 4 or 5 events during the year and hopefully natural selection will eliminate the bulk of them by the time they congregate at the Argus.

The idiotic stuff I saw en route today ranged from stopping in the middle of the road to being knocked in the face with some clown's flag in the start chute when I forgot to keep his bike upright.

thats what you get if 28 000 of the 35 000 only do one race a year. Its high time that only riders that do qualifying events are allowed to enter. At least that way the idiots are spread over 4 or 5 events during the year and hopefully natural selection will eliminate the bulk of them by the time they congregate at the Argus.

The idiotic stuff I saw en route today ranged from stopping in the middle of the road to being knocked in the face with some clown's flag in the start chute when I forgot to keep his bike upright.

Was it a Bulls flag..... really hope so!!!!!!