• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Fandacious.

Only seeing the post now......

Yes....what I also thought.

I think with (after a decent scan) 5 stones waiting in the kidney to come out they wanted to take it out and test the compound.  That is what I thought.........

Turned out that it was a "normal" calcium stone.  Not enough water.

Seems the little bastard formed when I did a bit of overkill on stage 1 of the Clover tour...........

To add to the horror story......can't see that I posted it here......

After "they" (more evil than my mother in law) remove the stone, they have to put, what they call, a stent in.  This is a 5mm little pipe thingy that goes from the front end (hanging out just a little toutjie like a damn tampon) right up to the bladder.  30cm long.  Yes.....30.  This is to see to it that the blood that is coming out does not clot and permanently closes the urine pipe. 

You you walk with this.....thing.....for a week until the bleeding stops.  Each time going to the bathroom and dying BILLION deaths.

Back to go take out this thing.....pulls down pants.  Doc tells you to bite you your tongue.....then takes that toutjie hanging out and rips it out in 5 seconds.

The amount of emotions going through one guys head during that 5 seconds are immeasurable.  The emotional damage will never be repaired.  :wacko:  :blink:  ^_^

http://www.kidneystoners.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/DSC01353.jpg

About 6 months after that I got another one.  Started drinking litres of water and beer.

Came out on it's own. 5mm.

Still waiting for the other 2? 3? to pop loose out of the kidney.  Can't wait..... :eek:

Holy Sh!tballssss! That's scary!

Had a 8mm stone taken out in may, since then I drink 2.5l of water a day, never want to go through that again.

Had a freeflow put in me after an operation(not kidney stones) because I could not pee. I was awake and the male nurse really had trouble handling simba who kept tucking his head away. That was pure hell. RESPECT to you boys going a week with that thing. I had mine in just so my bladder would empty and they ripped it out. As Spinnekop said, the mental scars will never heal

I had a kidney stone about 3 years ago. Thought it was a pulled muscle in my back. Went to the chiro, Voltaren injections in my back everyday for 2 weeks but nothing helped. Then one night it got so bad i started throwing up from the pain. Decided to go to a doctor the next day but i'm poep scared of doctors so decided to Google natural remedies first. Low and behold I found something. I went to the shops, bought a big bottle of raw apple cider vinegar and had a glass full. Disgusting stuff but I was desperate. Had another glass before bed time. Woke up the next morning, went to the loo and passed it without any discomfort at all. Six months later a friend also developed a kidney stone, crawled on the floor for a week with the pain until she had apple cider vinegar. By the next morning all her pain was gone and so was the stone. Last year another friend went into labour but she had a kidney stone and wasn't allowed to take pain killers. I suggested apple cider vinegar, they bought a bottle and by the next morning before she gave birth the stone was gone.  I'm not saying it'll work for everyone but it definitely did for myself and my friends. If anyone does try it, remember, it has to be raw apple cider vinegar, not the clear Robertson type.

OK so who just drank a whole bottle of water after reading the above.... ?

Yoh. That was me. I was seriously traumatised by this fred

I had a kidney stone about 3 years ago. Thought it was a pulled muscle in my back. Went to the chiro, Voltaren injections in my back everyday for 2 weeks but nothing helped. Then one night it got so bad i started throwing up from the pain. Decided to go to a doctor the next day but i'm poep scared of doctors so decided to Google natural remedies first. Low and behold I found something. I went to the shops, bought a big bottle of raw apple cider vinegar and had a glass full. Disgusting stuff but I was desperate. Had another glass before bed time. Woke up the next morning, went to the loo and passed it without any discomfort at all. Six months later a friend also developed a kidney stone, crawled on the floor for a week with the pain until she had apple cider vinegar. By the next morning all her pain was gone and so was the stone. Last year another friend went into labour but she had a kidney stone and wasn't allowed to take pain killers. I suggested apple cider vinegar, they bought a bottle and by the next morning before she gave birth the stone was gone.  I'm not saying it'll work for everyone but it definitely did for myself and my friends. If anyone does try it, remember, it has to be raw apple cider vinegar, not the clear Robertson type.

Man I had a very mild pain (more like a discomfort)in my lower back few weeks ago and thought it might be my kidneys from dehydration. It went away eventually after a day or so. No idea what caused it.

I boil a lot of ginger of which I drink the water squeezed in some lemon. I then blend the ginger (with some fresh ginger added) with garlic, lemon with peel, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon into a paste of which I take a teaspoon every morning.

Yoh. That was me. I was seriously traumatised by this fred

Me too, I am still traumatized!!!

So what are the symptoms for these little buggers and is there any truth to the myth that coffee and tea drinking is a contributing factor???

A kidney stone may not cause symptoms until it moves around within your kidney or passes into your ureter — the tube connecting the kidney and bladder. At that point, you may experience these signs and symptoms:

• Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
  • Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
  • Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
  • Pain on urination
  • Pink, red or brown urine
  • Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Persistent need to urinate
  • Urinating more often than usual
  • Fever and chills if an infection is present
  • Urinating small amounts of urine

Pain caused by a kidney stone may change — for instance, shifting to a different location or increasing in intensity — as the stone moves through your urinary tract.

Me too, I am still traumatized!!!

So what are the symptoms for these little buggers and is there any truth to the myth that coffee and tea drinking is a contributing factor???

I googled this and actually found what I felt in my lower back is nothing compared to the above or anything near resembling the experiences on the thread. Thank goodness.

I just might leave you something in my will if this works........

:whistling:  :clap:

• 1 year later...

Sorry Fandacious.

Only seeing the post now......

Yes....what I also thought.

I think with (after a decent scan) 5 stones waiting in the kidney to come out they wanted to take it out and test the compound.  That is what I thought.........

Turned out that it was a "normal" calcium stone.  Not enough water.

Seems the little bastard formed when I did a bit of overkill on stage 1 of the Clover tour...........

To add to the horror story......can't see that I posted it here......

After "they" (more evil than my mother in law) remove the stone, they have to put, what they call, a stent in.  This is a 5mm little pipe thingy that goes from the front end (hanging out just a little toutjie like a damn tampon) right up to the bladder.  30cm long.  Yes.....30.  This is to see to it that the blood that is coming out does not clot and permanently closes the urine pipe. 

You you walk with this.....thing.....for a week until the bleeding stops.  Each time going to the bathroom and dying BILLION deaths.

Back to go take out this thing.....pulls down pants.  Doc tells you to bite you your tongue.....then takes that toutjie hanging out and rips it out in 5 seconds.

The amount of emotions going through one guys head during that 5 seconds are immeasurable.  The emotional damage will never be repaired.  :wacko:  :blink:  ^_^

http://www.kidneystoners.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/DSC01353.jpg

About 6 months after that I got another one.  Started drinking litres of water and beer.

Came out on it's own. 5mm.

Still waiting for the other 2? 3? to pop loose out of the kidney.  Can't wait..... :eek:

Thanks for posting the photo and the size of the stent.  I didn't get a photo of mine, but it looked exactly like this.  I second your entire encounter 100%.  I went through this exact thing over the last week with a 6mm kidney stone.  I had the stent in for 6 and a half days.  The string hanging out is the worst part until the doc pulls the darn thing out.  Life ceases to exist while its being pulled out, then when you come to, you have urine all over your region.          

Edited by duke69111

I am soooo pleased I have never suffered with these things.

My colleague does and his last little escapade was a 10mm and a 13mm stone.

Most painfull and unpleasant from what I could see.He really suffered