Coffee machine

any recommendations as to where a basic home coffee machine can be serviced in CT without costing the same price as a new unit?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask him to drop it off with me -  coming for Epic next week.

Once again, v12man you a legend!

thanks, will make contact with him and we'll liaise with you!

Once again, v12man you a legend!

thanks, will make contact with him and we'll liaise with you!

Actually it's not a biggie - he is coming to visit me soon anyway to pick up a kids bike. :) 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

any recommendations as to where a basic home coffee machine can be serviced in CT without costing the same price as a new unit?

Try Gerald, Rock'nRoll roasters. I have his details if interested. He's based in Montague Gardens.

Actually it's not a biggie - he is coming to visit me soon anyway to pick up a kids bike. :) 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak.

And a spout...

Try Gerald, Rock'nRoll roasters. I have his details if interested. He's based in Montague Gardens.

Please, if you could please PM me  and I will pass on to the person in need!

Sorry for the spam, but I've updated the Truth cupping thread.... Please could everyone go there and confirm...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been lurking and reading some of the post on this thread and just want to say thanks to everyone's contribution and especially V12man for his assistance in upgrading our java experience  :clap:

post-16279-0-61226500-1459070787_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I could use a little advice at this point.

My girlfriend has been away on a job for two months in the Northern Cape. She has made herself a tidy bonus and wants to buy us a Linea Mini. A bit pricey at almost 60K but who am I to argue. She didn't even drink coffee three years ago when we met.

So first question a tone have any idea of the best place to go to buy such a machine.

Second question is a friend wants to buy our Oscar. It's three years old. Serviced last year. Runs well. Good condition. Makes about three cappuccinos a day and about two espressos. Any idea what a fair price would be? Just a ball park will do.

Thanks very much

I could use a little advice at this point.

My girlfriend has been away on a job for two months in the Northern Cape. She has made herself a tidy bonus and wants to buy us a Linea Mini. A bit pricey at almost 60K but who am I to argue. She didn't even drink coffee three years ago when we met.

So first question a tone have any idea of the best place to go to buy such a machine.

Second question is a friend wants to buy our Oscar. It's three years old. Serviced last year. Runs well. Good condition. Makes about three cappuccinos a day and about two espressos. Any idea what a fair price would be? Just a ball park will do.

Thanks very much

You lucky mofo.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have been lurking and reading some of the post on this thread and just want to say thanks to everyone's contribution and especially V12man for his assistance in upgrading our java experience :clap:

nice set you have there. Care to share your experiences with the Linea? Was dead set on one myself.

Online coffee shop have them or try Koldserve. The exchange rate has really hit them. R6000 for your Oscar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes I was thinking 5k for the Oscar so your price seems right to me. She is a good friend I'm very fond of so I will let it go for 5.

My partner says she has seen the Linea online for 58k. It's a lot of money for coffee is it not. I will try contact Koldserve and see what they say.

Indeed it is, but the Linea is said to be a really good machine. Have a look at some of the reviews online. Some have the opinion that they're over priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read quite a few reviews. I was keen to upgrade to a machine in the 30k range. To be honest V12man kind of talked me out of it. I have gone from instant to plunger to Russel Hobbs to Oscar over the past 6 years. I have tried to upgrade only when I feel I have learnt all I can from each device and method. To me the next step was a 30k machine but V12 had a valid point when he said hold off and just go for broke. Don't waste money on the 30k machine wait until you can afford the Linea Mini. I will save 30K by doing that. I think it makes sense.

I'm no great expert and would never try to teach anyone about coffee but it's insane how much I love the dam stuff. I wake up at three in the morning and when I see the time I'm all pleased that in just three hours I can make a cup of coffee. It's the entire process. The grinding tamping and everything. Reminds me a bit of working in a darkroom.