SRAM XX1 drive train

Hairy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well there you go.. Im proven wrong.. Is there nothing to keep the chain on at all?

@davegeorge101: So here goes, by my calc anyway 2x10 with 38/27 x 11/36 would be equivalent gear availability high to low as new 1x11 with 34t x 10/42

@davegeorge101: That's my intellectual contribution for this morning. 1x11 could be the way forward. For the Shimano fans rumor is a 1x11 group is imminent.

Well at least noobs will have one less question to ask

"Which lever do you use to change the front chain thing?"

See Emily Batty riding with the new XX1 at past week-end WCXO

A pic of Emily and you notice the drivetrain shes running ?

Fail. :P

Well at least noobs will have one less question to ask

"Which lever do you use to change the front chain thing?"

Do not be surprised when it comes ;)

@davegeorge101: So here goes, by my calc anyway 2x10 with 38/27 x 11/36 would be equivalent gear availability high to low as new 1x11 with 34t x 10/42

Very Close. Added benefit is on a dual you'll be closer to the ideal chainline and chainring size

post-1575-0-28356700-1341407928.png

• 3 weeks later...

SRAM XX1

ONE. AND ONLY.

SRAM XX1 was built with a dedicated 1X drivetrain philosophy—making it simpler, lighter and more durable than any other. No matter where you ride, no matter what you’re up against: SRAM XX1. UNSTOPPABLE.

SINGLE-MINDED PURSUIT

Driven by a cutting-edge, single-ring carbon crank and seamless component integration, SRAM 1X drivetrain delivers flawless chain management and faster, more precise shifting. But the relationship between XX1 components goes far beyond fitment. From the X-HORIZON™ rear derailleur with TYPE 2 technology to the super wide range 11-speed 10-42T cassette, each component is designed to function synergistically with the others, achieving what no other 1X drivetrain has before.

XX1 Cassette

First Of Its Kind.

Ranging from 10- to 42-teeth, the 11-speed X-DOME™ delivers an incredibly wide gear range while maintaining even, optimized steps. The single-unit cassette combines with the XD™ driver body for a superior connection to the wheel. Available October 2012.

• 11-speeds (10-12-14-16-18-21-24-28-32-36-42)
  • Bearing design and ratchet mechanism steadied by XD driver body
  • Creates more stable hub connection
  • Gear steps optimized across entire range
  • Wheels equipped for XD driver body available from SRAM and DT Swiss
  • XD driver body is 6-8g lighter
  • Weight: 260 grams

Technologies:

X-DOME

Machined from a single piece of billet steel, X-DOME has an “open” interior—giving riders better mud clearance, less weight, cleaner shifting performance and longer component life.

XD

This new cassette driver body design lets the drivetrain use a 10 tooth small cog—all while providing better interface across the entire cassette.

XX1 Crank

King Of The Ring.

Developed for maximum chain control, each tooth’s thickness is precisely CNC-machined to support the chain’s inner and outer links perfectly. Six available chain rings (28-30-32-34-36-38) allow you to tune your gear range to match your terrain, wheel size and riding style. Each X-SYNC™ chain ring fits a single, universal spider—allowing you to change rings without removing the light-weight carbon crank arm. Available October 2012.

• New tooth profile alternates thickness by inner and outer links, providing maximum chain control
  • Carbon arms with forged aluminum spider
  • CNC-machined rings (28-30-32-34-36-38)
  • New spider design allows for easier ring changes
  • Wide/narrow Q factor cranks for BB30 and GXP
  • Weight: 650 grams with BB (approx.)

Technologies:

X-SYNCTM

A CNC-machined, “wide tooth, narrow tooth” pattern is repeated around the entire chainring, perfectly mirroring the chain’s inner and outer links for maximum control.

BB30

Besides serious weight savings, this bottom bracket means narrow Q-factor, more ankle clearance, greater bearing durability and stronger crank construction.

GXP

GXP’s Gutter Seal design cuts friction, durability and weight—improving both feel and performance.

X-HORIZON Rear Derailleur

Maximum Impact.

With its “horizontal parallelogram” design and pulley offset, X-HORIZON™ keeps the chain gap constant across all 11 gears, providing fast, precise shifts. By limiting all movement to the horizontal axis, this design is faster, reduces shift force and eliminates ghost shifting. ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ technology reduces bounce and chain slap. CAGE LOCK™ technology makes wheel removal and installation easier than ever before. Paired with the XX1 shifter, the X-HORIZON RD forms the backbone of X-ACTUATION™ technology for unbelievably smooth shifting action. Available October 2012.

• Large upper pulley offset automatically adjusts chain gap
  • Straight parallelogram design with horizontal movement reduces shift force and improves drivetrain performance
  • 12T X-SYNC pulley wheels
  • TYPE 2 technologies: ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH™ and CAGE LOCK™
  • New silent pulley tooth design
  • Weight: 220 grams (approx.)

Technologies:

X-HORIZONTM

This rear derailleur’s “straight parallelogram” design limits all movement to the horizontal axis, which makes ghost shifting impossible while also reducing shift force. For quicker, more exact shifting, the large upper pulley offset design maintains a constant chain gap across all gears.

X-SYNCTM

A “wide tooth, narrow tooth” pattern is repeated around the pulley wheel, perfectly mirroring the chain’s inner and outer links for maximum control.

CAGE LOCKTM

With Cage Lock, wheel removal and installation—as well as chain installation—becomes faster and simpler. Just pushing the cage forward to create slack and lock it into place.

ROLLER BEARING CLUTCHTM

Roller Bearing Clutch™ technology eliminates derailleur bounce and chain slap without sacrificing precision.

X-ACTUATIONTM

Developed specifically for the SRAM 1X11 drivetrain, X-ACTUATION keeps shifting sharp and consistent across the entire 10-42T cassette.

XX1 Grip Shift

Seismic Shift

• SRAM 1X11 X-ACTUATION™ for precise and dependable 11-speed performance
  • SPEED METAL™ shift indexing
  • ROLLING THUNDER™ ball bearing technology
  • JAWS™ lock-on grip technology
  • Carbon cover
  • Full Gore Ride-On cable system
  • Available October 2012.

Technologies:

JAWSTM

Once the shifter and grip interlock securely, forged aluminum clamps on either end reinforce the assembly by locking tightly to handlebar.

ROLLING THUNDERTM

Three rows of ball bearings provide zero friction or play—reducing the force needed to shift and promoting long-term performance under all weather conditions.

SPEED METALTM

Full metal, 11-speed indexing keeps shifting crisp and precise.

XX1 Trigger Shifter

Quick On The Draw

• SRAM 1X11 X-ACTUATION™ for precise and dependable 11-speed performance
  • Multi-adjustable trigger shifter
  • MatchMaker X compatible
  • Carbon cover and adjustable carbon pull lever
  • Full Gore Ride-On cable system
  • Available October 2012.

Technologies:

X-ACTUATIONTM

Developed specifically for the SRAM 1X11 drivetrain, X-ACTUATION keeps shifting sharp and consistent across the entire 10-42T cassette.

XX1 Chain

Powerful Connections.

The XX1 chain represents the latest breakthrough in a long line of precise, light-weight chains from SRAM. It’s designed to deliver the greatest strength and reliability to a drivetrain that doesn’t have to make compromises for front shifts. Available October 2012.

• New 1X11 XX1 specific chain
  • Designed for maximum strength and wear resistance
  • Proprietary link finish provides improved life span
  • 11-speed power lock

• 4 weeks later...

It's the total solution, having only had a taste of this over the years running 1x9 and1x10, this would give a much bigger range, let you drop the chain guide and it seems to be a seriously lightweight set up if the XCO guys are racing it,

See Emily Batty riding with the new XX1 at past week-end WCXO

What the two pilik's in the back round looking at?

Just wondering what 'black magic' (can I say that?) is used so as to not require a chainguide? I DID read it but maybe I missed something ....