Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

never knew a 1 x 11 upgrade was so expensive that you had to downgrade your car :P

enjoy, happy miles on all the above in your post.

LOL I had a Corsa Utility before this. This Kia is 10^42x better that that car haha :P

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

local , got A friend who got it directly from international trade

Brace yourself - it's ranting time!

This "backdoor" mate of a mate straight from supplier yas got to stop in SA. It's great for you of course but it pisses off all the people who had to pay full retail and lowers International Trade's market standing.

When I was running a bike shop in SA stories like this used to make me see red. How exactly are retailers supposed to make profit when mate of mates can organise back door deals.

Then people bitch and moan about retailers not being super enthusiastic to employ professional staff, bend over backwards to help or keep prices down... How are they supposed to when the public is doing "straight from dealer" deals?

Ok I've counted to 10.

As you were.

Brace yourself - it's ranting time!

This "backdoor" mate of a mate straight from supplier yas got to stop in SA. It's great for you of course but it pisses off all the people who had to pay full retail and lowers International Trade's market standing.

When I was running a bike shop in SA stories like this used to make me see red. How exactly are retailers supposed to make profit when mate of mates can organise back door deals.

Then people bitch and moan about retailers not being super enthusiastic to employ professional staff, bend over backwards to help or keep prices down... How are they supposed to when the public is doing "straight from dealer" deals?

Ok I've counted to 10.

As you were.

You must have just warped in from the 80s dude, ever heard of globalization?

Your issue is with your supplier, and their issue is with the manufacturer who create an inefficient value chain that the consumers are gatvol of.

We will uber, we will airbnb, we will go to source, rant over.

You must have just warped in from the 80s dude, ever heard of globalization?

Your issue is with your supplier, and their issue is with the manufacturer who create an inefficient value chain that the consumers are gatvol of.

We will uber, we will airbnb, we will go to source, rant over.

The issue is not going straight to source - the issue is a two step system whereby bike shops have to form a company then prove to the supplier that they have staff and a shop before they're approved to stock their brand. The brand gets coverage and a distributor network and the shop makes some money. When mister joe public gets the distributor price without investing in the industry or adding to the value chain there's a problem.

Roof rack - and garage. Oh dear. The future is not bright......

I was thinking exactly the same thing, looking at the height of the bike and garage door [emoji848]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The issue is not going straight to source - the issue is a two step system whereby bike shops have to form a company then prove to the supplier that they have staff and a shop before they're approved to stock their brand. The brand gets coverage and a distributor network and the shop makes some money. When mister joe public gets the distributor price without investing in the industry or adding to the value chain there's a problem.

so in your experience, what's the number of sales that go through the front door versus the back? I would imagine that the front door sales are disproportionately larger than the back door sales. If that is indeed the case, yet the whole distributor+reseller model is sensitive to those few back door sales, then the model is seriously flawed and deserves to implode.

so in your experience, what's the number of sales that go through the front door versus the back? I would imagine that the front door sales are disproportionately larger than the back door sales. If that is indeed the case, yet the whole distributor+reseller model is sensitive to those few back door sales, then the model is seriously flawed and deserves to implode.

I have no idea - I don't know distributors total sales or the number of back door sales. When I had my bike shop I had maybe 10 "my mate can get thia from his late who gets it from straight from the importer" experiences. Not a lot but enough to make me unhappy that my suppliers were double dipping.

I do think the industry is changing though - more online procured parts with brick'n'mortar shops becoming service centres so importers are under pressure to sell. I didn't like the double dipping but they are under pressure I guess.

Roof rack - and garage. Oh dear. The future is not bright......

I was thinking exactly the same thing, looking at the height of the bike and garage door [emoji848]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

a) "That" car does not go into "that" garage. That is one of two garages, and this one in particular is reserved for hobby stuff, DIY, workshop, etc. It's merely open because that's where the bike was and I took it out to check that it fits right prior to doing this weekend's rides. That being said, the garage pictured is of standard shape and size, largely determined by the Coroma 3-piece door that guards it, which accommodates most cars comfortably.

b) No garage that ever existed or ever will has an entrance high enough to accommodate a bike on a car's roof, ergo it stands to reason that the confusion arises from the height of the roofrack by itself, which at a mere 20cm above the roof of the car is still much lower than the roof of your average Fortuner, sans roofrack, which fits comfortably into said garage.

So the only thing that can go wrong is if I return home from a ride, forgetting that my bike is on my car's roof and attempt to enter it, which I am fairly confident will not happen although one can never be too careful, so here's to me being bright and awake upon returning home from my future rides <insert cheers emoticon>

a) "That" car does not go into "that" garage. That is one of two garages, and this one in particular is reserved for hobby stuff, DIY, workshop, etc. It's merely open because that's where the bike was and I took it out to check that it fits right prior to doing this weekend's rides. That being said, the garage pictured is of standard shape and size, largely determined by the Coroma 3-piece door that guards it, which accommodates most cars comfortably.

b) No garage that ever existed or ever will has an entrance high enough to accommodate a bike on a car's roof, ergo it stands to reason that the confusion arises from the height of the roofrack by itself, which at a mere 20cm above the roof of the car is still much lower than the roof of your average Fortuner, sans roofrack, which fits comfortably into said garage.

So the only thing that can go wrong is if I return home from a ride, forgetting that my bike is on my car's roof and attempt to enter it, which I am fairly confident will not happen although one can never be too careful, so here's to me being bright and awake upon returning home from my future rides <insert cheers emoticon>

Keep us posted.... :ph34r: