Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I remember that ride. Think I stil did one with him at Kings Kloof.

Mine was Northern Farms. He definitely wasn't smuggling a budgie. More like cuckoo bird.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: :clap: winter is coming...

How cold does it get there.? LOL :D

Lekker shoes ... both on and off the bike.

These are epic- easiest way to shave the beard.

Took too long for them to get locally, but Amazon shipped ended up being cheaper anyway.

How cold does it get there.? LOL :D

Lekker shoes ... both on and off the bike.

Thanks...believe it or not, it can get down to 12 degs in winter, usually mid-Jan....add a bit of wind and it's right chilly!

Regarding the tops and cycling clothes from GMBN. I'm subscribed on their mailing list. Just got this email on newest tops.

Maybe subscribe and get emails on their newest clothing and accessories.

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/uGQkrkpccu5IrZHFMtPUdA8hqy_xK8QjZoWDJRFupLd6RBZxLzAFHPUzlilZeyhu2whVgRm47G8XSIEyj9NL8voSSdnfs_SScYxMv2RqqT-coZGNvsFZ8MWSxVsg3sLRrBM5NuDM0eSaA89-6ehwK1mnvI_G1Q=s0-d-e1-ft#https://mcusercontent.com/94d1ac65918323052626daec2/images/9b47ae79-5a96-4311-8944-6f2973c2efba.jpg

Edited by BSG

We need to do a group buy perhaps

We can score abit on sale items, as they go into winter stock we buy the previous summer range

We need to do a group buy perhaps

We can score abit on sale items, as they go into winter stock we buy the previous summer range

Dunno man. Seems a bit too billboardy to me  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

They have some more subtle branded tops.

Just pity travel is so risky pricey n not as frequent else it be way easier to ask someone to bring it back over

Snip

Ripped/cut a hans damphf - check

Replaced with a set of new Onza Ibex I had lying around - check

Didnt want a brand mismatch so put ibex front and rear - check

Dont like maxxis’ pikey sidewall branding - check

Shopped for risers bars with stealth branding (more difficult than you think) - check

My brother from another mother?

Haha

The ibex feel good, just def slower rolling that the Schwalbes, and louder for sure. They did set up tubeless on my rims infinitely easier than the Schwalbes though. So points there. Only miffed about them being 2.4 and not 2.6 but meh...i had them so i’m using them.

Edited by morneS555

Ripped/cut a hans damphf - check

Replaced with a set of new Onza Ibex I had lying around - check

Didnt want a brand mismatch so put ibex front and rear - check

Dont like maxxis’ pikey sidewall branding - check

Shopped for risers bars with stealth branding (more difficult than you think) - check

My brother from another mother?

Haha

The ibex feel good, just def slower rolling that the Schwalbes, and louder for sure. They did set up tubeless on my rims infinitely easier than the Schwalbes though. So points there. Only miffed about them being 2.4 and not 2.6 but meh...i had them so i’m using them.

All you need now is the Evil  :clap:

The tubeless setup was a breeze. Never seen a tire seat so easy. I use the compressor from my 4x4 kit and all the tires needed was a constant stream of air to seat. Three pops and they are on. 

2.4 is the max my frame can take and I never want to ride with a wider front vs rear combo again. Can't wait to test these out this weekend. 

I am a bit concerned about the rolling resistance. I'm already slow and I don't need anything else holding me back. I do however prefer good grip over rolling. 

A loud tire is ok I guess. As long as they are fairly well damped. 

Edited by DR ◣◢

All you need now is the Evil  :clap:

The tubeless setup was a breeze. Never seen a tire seat so easy. I use the compressor from my 4x4 kit and all the tires needed was a constant stream of air to seat. Three pops and they are on. 

Snip

Haha. Maybe one day when i’m big.

Mine went on with a normal floor pump, without sealant or soap. I put stans in there afterwards through the valve, so they def went on easy and sealed up good first go.

Been waiting for these for a while, the Ions have been getting a bit loose in the tooth, they will be migrated to daily shoes.

4ec67def3cdfbbbb3f6d199aa6d44fea.jpg

Dig the black. I did mine even if the grip is a bit less than my 5.10s. The sizing is a bit odd. Im a 10 in regular sneakers and the RCs in a 10 is a tad snug. Maybe just the stiffness of new shoes and i’ve only done two rides so far.

Happy so far.

Suppose it can qualify as a purchase, I went to Sprocket and Jack for a sag setup (I struggled to dial it on my own) and a few tweaks here and there. Juan (sorry if not spelt correctly) is a wizzard, my bike feels soooo good now. Also bought some Death grips as my Spank grips were wearing thin. The thick Death grips feel much thicker but so grippy it is lekker!