Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

On 1/16/2024 at 11:38 AM, PappaWatTrap said:

If it’s the wrong forum then please delete the post. 

I'm however looking for a Volvo XC70 AWD cause it's "practical" and can load whatever in the back. 

So if you know of anyone selling one please let me know. 

IMG_4273.png

Me I love station wagons. It's a real pity they aren't around so much anymore (in SA). The Europeans smaak their station wagons. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Me I love station wagons. It's a real pity they aren't around so much anymore (in SA). The Europeans smaak their station wagons. 

dammit I was planning on stealing the 1000th page post 😅😅

2 minutes ago, thebob said:

Needs a Grip 2 damper 🙊

You don't perhaps know of someone selling one hey 🤣

23 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Maybeeeee...

2 minutes ago, ewep said:

New gravel.  Color is Dried Tomato.  Die ou kiekie laat dit pienk lyk, maar is meer roes.

IMG_2851.jpg

No need to think up reasons to convince anyone you aren't riding a pienk fiets. Ons verstaan. 😉😄

Mooi.

4 hours ago, BaGearA said:

10k + for something I dream about having on my bike. Maybe one day.

32 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

If someone is quoting that price, they are trying to rob you. Have a look at my classifieds ad

54 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

You can definitely get it cheaper , if you're referring to the damper 

Then regarding the grip2 , imo its a waste unless you're willing to ride a harsh but fast bike 

South africans setup their bikes for a compromise between comfort and something , but that something is not speed. 

The shear amount of people I know that have factory 38's and x2's with all the adjusters wide open is staggering 

If you're not going to use , why pay for it ? 

I;ve been VERY surprised by the grip damper , its tracks very well and isn't too harsh ( maybe this is also helped that I'm a fairly light rider so needs less damping ) 

The above is also why I'll never get to the 38 , just not needed and my performance 36 is doing everything i need it to .....even beating some of those factory riders 

10k in my opinion is much better spent on 2 basic services and a rebuild of both your shock and fork in a year.

But hey I'm just some asshole that yells into the wind every now and then 

Salute 

11 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

You can definitely get it cheaper , if you're referring to the damper 

Then regarding the grip2 , imo its a waste unless you're willing to ride a harsh but fast bike 

South africans setup their bikes for a compromise between comfort and something , but that something is not speed. 

The shear amount of people I know that have factory 38's and x2's with all the adjusters wide open is staggering 

If you're not going to use , why pay for it ? 

I;ve been VERY surprised by the grip damper , its tracks very well and isn't too harsh ( maybe this is also helped that I'm a fairly light rider so needs less damping ) 

The above is also why I'll never get to the 38 , just not needed and my performance 36 is doing everything i need it to .....even beating some of those factory riders 

10k in my opinion is much better spent on 2 basic services and a rebuild of both your shock and fork in a year.

But hey I'm just some asshole that yells into the wind every now and then 

Salute 

That makes sense. I think I'm a victim of marketing schpieel because as I think about it, my 36 Rhythm isn't bad and I'm a big chap. It really takes the knocks I throw it's way in stride and makes my rides feel super fun. I haven't managed to bottom it out as yet. Can't say the same for the Float X though. 

Sounds like there are a lot of people out there who need to do some basic suspension setup and bracketing