Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Got this for a steal from a friend. So far I am rather pleased. It works really well, and battery life is great (22hrs +/- with GPS mode on full power, not power saving mode).

post-37016-0-01830400-1470867997_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this for a steal from a friend. So far I am rather pleased. It works really well, and battery life is great (22hrs +/- with GPS mode on full power, not power saving mode).

attachicon.gifbrytonrider310.jpg

Did your son decide not to go study anymore? You are getting lots of new stuff lately..............

(This is my jealousy speaking) [emoji6]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Been wanting a hex set with the handles for a while but couldn't justify the price then I saw this set in my local hardware for R120 - Bargain...

When i got home home I checked them with the Micrometer only to find the 5mm ball at 4.85 

and there were a few others with variances - ended up taking them back and replacing them with a set from Builders for R500 I initially didn't want to spend quite so much but checked them with the micrometer and they are spot on.

You get what you pay for

post-17480-0-92592700-1470896411_thumb.jpg

post-17480-0-75055700-1470896917_thumb.jpg

Did your son decide not to go study anymore? You are getting lots of new stuff lately..............

(This is my jealousy speaking) [emoji6]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Hey Ben, yes he is still going, lol... I literally got this at a steal (swapped it for a stem, handle bars and a seat). Got a message from the "minister" this morning. My capex limit has been reached.  :ph34r:

Been wanting a hex set with the handles for a while but couldn't justify the price then I saw this set in my local hardware for R120 - Bargain...

When i got home home I checked them with the Micrometer only to find the 5mm ball at 4.85 

and there were a few others with variances - ended up taking them back and replacing them with a set from Builders for R500 I initially didn't want to spend quite so much but checked them with the micrometer and they are spot on.

You get what you pay for

I must say, the mastercraft stuff is pretty darn good. And yeah - you do get what you pay for. 

With the CWC sale happening (again) today I'll just book my pre-boast spot here for now and come fill it in later depending on what my credit card says. 

A friend bought the same bike about two weeks back and is over the moon with it. Happy trails. :thumbup:

Happy

Got myself some of these...

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/static_files/catalog/full_images/troy-lee-sprint-gloves_GT6241503XSz.jpg

As one can see they have a nifty little nylon patch on the tip of the thumb and index finger. This makes them smart phone friendly.

What it doesn't do is make them exhaust pipe friendly  :blush:  :ph34r: 

(After a dirt bike ride I saw some melted substance on my exhaust header. I foolishly tried to scrape/determine what it might be, Instantly lost the tip of the finger to this glove. First ride out  :( )

post-10758-0-85494200-1471215142_thumb.jpg

Edited by patches

Got myself some of these...

http://www.ubyk.co.uk/static_files/catalog/full_images/troy-lee-sprint-gloves_GT6241503XSz.jpg

As one can see they have a nifty little nylon patch on the tip of the thumb and index finger. This makes them smart phone friendly.

What it doesn't do is make them exhaust pipe friendly :blush: :ph34r:

(After a dirt bike ride I saw some melted substance on my exhaust header. I foolishly tried to scrape/determine what it might be, Instantly lost the tip of the finger to this glove. First ride out :( )

attachicon.gifDo not touch.jpg

To be fair, at least it's still smart phone friendly now.