Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much were the Funn bars and please give some feedback on them too.

They are currently going for R1999 through Origin Cyclery's Online Store (Free Delivery country wide): http://origincyclery.co.za/product/funn-black-ace-carbon-31-8mm-handlebar/

My review is obviously very biased, but in my opinion they are the best carbon handlebars I have used (when comparing to others I have used such as cSixx and Easton - and I am not badmouthing those brands at all). The width for me is perfect for a trail bike, coming in at 785mm. I personally use the 15mm rise model, but they are also available in 7mm and 30mm rise, so there is something for most people. The backsweep and upsweep also puts your hands in a very comfy position. The way the bar rises and sweeps also gives it a very nice look. Vibration damping for the bars are excellent, and they are lekker stiff. On top of this Funn claims that this is one of the lightest (if not the lightest) all mountain capable handlebars on the market at the moment coming in at just 193grams.

The Handlebars are marked for cutting which is very handy if you want to go shorter:

post-82251-0-52317600-1494422513_thumb.jpeg

And best of all is the packaging (Funn's attention to detail when it comes to packaging is just insane):

post-82251-0-29558900-1494422515_thumb.jpeg

They are currently going for R1999 through Origin Cyclery's Online Store (Free Delivery country wide): http://origincyclery.co.za/product/funn-black-ace-carbon-31-8mm-handlebar/

My review is obviously very biased, but in my opinion they are the best carbon handlebars I have used (when comparing to others I have used such as cSixx and Easton - and I am not badmouthing those brands at all). The width for me is perfect for a trail bike, coming in at 785mm. I personally use the 15mm rise model, but they are also available in 7mm and 30mm rise, so there is something for most people. The backsweep and upsweep also puts your hands in a very comfy position. The way the bar rises and sweeps also gives it a very nice look. Vibration damping for the bars are excellent, and they are lekker stiff. On top of this Funn claims that this is one of the lightest (if not the lightest) all mountain capable handlebars on the market at the moment coming in at just 193grams.

The Handlebars are marked for cutting which is very handy if you want to go shorter:

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2017-05-10 at 15.18.54 (1).jpeg

And best of all is the packaging (Funn's attention to detail when it comes to packaging is just insane):

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2017-05-10 at 15.18.54.jpeg

Must be honest and say that is more than I expected. Thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the big brands but I paid less for my Renthal bar.

It is my first carbon bar so cant comment on feel, damping, etc.

A carbon handlebar is not where I would too worried about weight saving, might even be worried if it is too light. 199g seems about right.

Thanks for the info, snazzy bar bag.

Must be honest and say that is more than I expected. Thought it would be a cheaper alternative to the big brands but I paid less for my Renthal bar.

It is my first carbon bar so cant comment on feel, damping, etc.

A carbon handlebar is not where I would too worried about weight saving, might even be worried if it is too light. 199g seems about right.

Thanks for the info, snazzy bar bag.

They are a bit on the pricier side, but I have to say they are a really quality product, and although Funn is not that well known in SA, it is on par with brands such as Renthal.

My pricing was based on the RRP converted to Rand (from dollar), but since the general feeling seems to be that they are a bit on the expensive side, I will drop the price as an "opening special"  :clap:

Updated price: R1599 

http://origincyclery.co.za/product/funn-black-ace-carbon-31-8mm-handlebar/

Anyway: hijack off.

Popped in to CRC today to order a saddle for my MTB. No intention to buy anything else. Saddle ordered. Left with these other critical items lol [emoji23]. Never tried Schwalbe tyres before

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having CRC as your LBS must be quite something :thumbup:

It is great having CRC up the road. They have closed the shop at the warehouse in prep for closing the warehouse in July, but the retail shop offers the same pricing and can order in anything from the warehouse in 24 hrs.

Close warehouse???

It is great having CRC up the road. They have closed the shop at the warehouse in prep for closing the warehouse in July, but the retail shop offers the same pricing and can order in anything from the warehouse in 24 hrs.

Close warehouse???

As I understand it they are combining the operation with Wiggle. Not sure what that looks like, but they are closing the Northern Ireland mail order warehouse

As I understand it they are combining the operation with Wiggle. Not sure what that looks like, but they are closing the Northern Ireland mail order warehouse

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/sad-1.gif