Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, and the 2.5WT is the same width as a standard schwalbe 2.35... so it's really difficult to say which tyres work better on which rims. 

Plus - marketing. 

Anyway - real world experience - Hans Dampfs work FAR better on 35mm rims than on 25's. As in FAR Better. They're pretty round to begin with, so the squaring off seems to aid their grip characteristics. Insofar as my Magic Mary and Spaz Slaughter go, they're really not that much mroe square than on the 24mm internal rims that my 35's replaced. But I can run them WAY lower, and they have oodles more grip and lateral integrity. 

Enduro pros mostly in the 25-32mm range. They Richie Rude on 30's, Cody Kelly on 25's. 

"Anyway - real world experience - Hans Dampfs work FAR better on 35mm rims than on 25's. As in FAR Better"

Wait what...Minnaar rides 2.5" tires on 25mm rims!?

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/greg-minnaars-santa-cruz-v10-29-bike-check.html

You'd better tell him his got it all wrong Mr Mayhew :D

(just messing with you dude)

"Anyway - real world experience - Hans Dampfs work FAR better on 35mm rims than on 25's. As in FAR Better"

Yeah but he is also very anal about .1 of PSI too much in his fork  :whistling:

Lol. Minions aren't hans dampfs. And he leans FAR more than us.

But ja.

Need to prepare better for this winter riding...

These dhb jackets are really amazing, I have one I have been using almost everyday now and it is the only part of my body that doesn't get cold on my ride (in the morning and evenings) these days.

And my damn tyres wear off sooooo quickly here in NZ!

post-24697-0-68020300-1499716995_thumb.jpg

Need to prepare better for this winter riding...

These dhb jackets are really amazing, I have one I have been using almost everyday now and it is the only part of my body that doesn't get cold on my ride (in the morning and evenings) these days.

And my damn tyres wear off sooooo quickly here in NZ!

attachicon.gifwinter.jpg

DHB make some top kit that looks great especially for the female market. It's not all flowers and pink... what's going on, have you turned roadie in the land of the long white cloud? 

Can't wait to get back to Ohau and Wanaka next year for some Montieths, some riding and some snow. 

DHB make some top kit that looks great especially for the female market. It's not all flowers and pink... what's going on, have you turned roadie in the land of the long white cloud? 

Can't wait to get back to Ohau and Wanaka next year for some Montieths, some riding and some snow. 

Haha... I've started road cycling in Aug 2015 actually already :) Just over 9000km since then (yes yes not enough, but bike did spend a bit of time in a container too etc etc).

Bought 2 plane tickets to Venice. Going cycling around Monte Grappa in October. This place.

Kinda feels like you are just watching the same slomo shot over and over again for 9mins haha. But I guess that's the nature of road cycling.

Looks like it'll be an awesome trip though, enjoy!