Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

17 hours ago, thebob said:

Joined the Bin Chicken nation. Can’t wait to get this beast out on the trails this weekend

IMG_0586.jpeg.fc7c078d1984539e7c3fd11c7da122c8.jpeg

Had this made up when I had mine. Only got rid of my V1 because it made all the trails too easy without riding DH lines exclusively. Such good bikes. 

BinChicken-Ripmo.jpg.660ef804c3e0d2465ed8cb216efaa0a5.jpg

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, thebob said:

Going to get that made into a sticker for the bike!

16 hours ago, Dirt Tracker said:

Send me your email and I'll send the print files. 

We need photos once done ne ;)

Because in the UK you need a winter bike and defintely someting with disk brakes to deal with the wet weather. It is dangerous otherwise. Thats what I told my wife😁

Its a really good deal and I will never get it at that price again. The CAAD is getting old and I need a permanent bike on the trainer. Thats what I told myself😁

20231130_110914.jpg

20231130_110127.jpg

Edited by RudolphG

10 minutes ago, RudolphG said:

Because in the UK you need a winter bike and defintely someting with disk brakes to deal with the wet weather. It is dangerous otherwise. Thats what I told my wife😁

Its a really good deal and I will never get it at that price again. The CAAD is getting old and I need a permanent bike on the trainer. Thats what I told myself😁

20231130_110914.jpg

20231130_110127.jpg

Ooooooooooo
Good choice.  Sexy bike.
😵

3 hours ago, RudolphG said:

20231130_110914.jpg

20231130_110127.jpg

CAAD5 on my trainer .... also white. :thumbup:

ENJOY !!

13 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Welcome to the Stumpy family! How’s it ride so far compared to the Camber?

Thank you!

The ride is completely different. I am loving it and yet have to get used to how different it is. My first take away is the mullet wheel and how "different" it makes the back end feel. 

It definitely feels faster. I took it down the two Conters Rhinos a while back. On the camber, Rhino 1 would be a challenge, specifically the top bit. I could ride it, but most often than not I would walk down that top rocky bit. The Stumpy ate it for breakfast and spat out the carcass. 

At Plaisir and Hoogekraal Skills Park the experience is different. I almost want to say the Camber is a better jumper. The Stumpy just feels wallowy and absorbing of the jumps. I suspect suspension setup is key and I still need to find the "sweet spot". And, this is most where the back wheel just is more noticeable. When I really drive hard out of a berm, or land a jump a tad off center from straight upright, then the rear feels like it wants to let go behind me. Not bad, just different.

I am loving the 30t chain ring. It gets me up to the top much easier than the 32t on the Camber.

I haven't fiddled with the flipchips and headsets yet as I am still getting used to the slacker feel of this bike. But from what I have found so far, I am super keen to spend my holiday on the mountains of the western cape. I have a week in George coming up and I will be putting in some time on Witfontein and I am super keen to see how it handles.

Overall, I am absolutely loving the bike. The camber was not a "bad" bike and it held up under the absolute abuse I exposed it to. I rode that bike as if it was a much bigger bike, and it never let me down, so that is partly why I went back to Spez again.  It has now been retired to doing cycle path duty between home and Melkbos and maybe the odd Karoo to Coast and the Stumpy will take over the baton to rule on the trails.

9 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Thank you!

The ride is completely different. I am loving it and yet have to get used to how different it is. My first take away is the mullet wheel and how "different" it makes the back end feel. 

Thanks for the feedback.  As a Camber rider, i went to an Epic Evo (and from a L to an XL) - not sure if this was the right choice but still need more miles to finally decide.

Is the new bike a Stumpy EVO Alloy?  

1 minute ago, nonky said:

Thanks for the feedback.  As a Camber rider, i went to an Epic Evo (and from a L to an XL) - not sure if this was the right choice but still need more miles to finally decide.

Is the new bike a Stumpy EVO Alloy?  

Yeah, it is the EVO Alloy. The camber is XL and I was weighing up if I should go L/S4 on the EVO, but decided to go for S5 again as that was closest to the feel I had on the Camber. I checked the calculations on 99 Spokes and also saw on the Spez website that I was on the top limit of the S4. I could ride it, but I was worried it may feel cramped. I am not regretting my decision.

3 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Yeah, it is the EVO Alloy. The camber is XL and I was weighing up if I should go L/S4 on the EVO, but decided to go for S5 again as that was closest to the feel I had on the Camber. I checked the calculations on 99 Spokes and also saw on the Spez website that I was on the top limit of the S4. I could ride it, but I was worried it may feel cramped. I am not regretting my decision.

Very Nice! Wishing you many happy and SAFE miles on her.

I looked long and hard at one in the local Spez shop but I'm worried that one big off on a trail may end my riding permanently, so stuck with XC.

Just now, nonky said:

Very Nice! Wishing you many happy and SAFE miles on her.

I looked long and hard at one in the local Spez shop but I'm worried that one big off on a trail may end my riding permanently, so stuck with XC.

Thanks nonky! Yeah, I am fortunate that I ride with a group of people that are alike and we keep each other in the eye all the time and don't just ride "blind". We would spend time on a feature going back again and again to get it dialed. We will also spend an entire morning at the skills park at least twice a month, if not more to just do drills over and over again. Our confidence on the trails have increased tremendously because of it and our skills show up for the fun. If we see something we don't want to do, we move on. All that made the bike a no-brainer for me, as I was also on the fence whether I should be riding a "big bike" at my age. The boy in me won that decision.

26 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Thank you!

It definitely feels faster. I took it down the two Conters Rhinos a while back. On the camber, Rhino 1 would be a challenge, specifically the top bit. I could ride it, but most often than not I would walk down that top rocky bit. The Stumpy ate it for breakfast and spat out the carcass. 

At Plaisir and Hoogekraal Skills Park the experience is different. I almost want to say the Camber is a better jumper. The Stumpy just feels wallowy and absorbing of the jumps. I suspect suspension setup is key and I still need to find the "sweet spot". And, this is most where the back wheel just is more noticeable. When I really drive hard out of a berm, or land a jump a tad off center from straight upright, then the rear feels like it wants to let go behind me. Not bad, just different.

I am loving the 30t chain ring. It gets me up to the top much easier than the 32t on the Camber.

I haven't fiddled with the flipchips and headsets yet as I am still getting used to the slacker feel of this bike. But from what I have found so far, I am super keen to spend my holiday on the mountains of the western cape. I have a week in George coming up and I will be putting in some time on Witfontein and I am super keen to see how it handles.

Overall, I am absolutely loving the bike. The camber was not a "bad" bike and it held up under the absolute abuse I exposed it to. I rode that bike as if it was a much bigger bike, and it never let me down, so that is partly why I went back to Spez again.  It has now been retired to doing cycle path duty between home and Melkbos and maybe the odd Karoo to Coast and the Stumpy will take over the baton to rule on the trails.

The geo is indeed very, very different. I went to a Stumpy Evo from a previous-gen Stumpy (which is already significantly slacker than a Camber, which I've also ridden several times), and it's a noticeable jump in slackness.

Wait until you flip the headset cup around 😉

The SJ Evo is a *massively* capable bike and I think you'll find yourself smashing bigger and bigger features with it because it makes most things feel easy.

55 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

The geo is indeed very, very different. I went to a Stumpy Evo from a previous-gen Stumpy (which is already significantly slacker than a Camber, which I've also ridden several times), and it's a noticeable jump in slackness.

Wait until you flip the headset cup around 😉

The SJ Evo is a *massively* capable bike and I think you'll find yourself smashing bigger and bigger features with it because it makes most things feel easy.

Ja, I feel somewhat like a kid with a new toy not knowing what to do first. So many possibilities are suddenly presenting themself. On my to-do list is Iron Monkey without a doubt. Some Armageddon for sure and I'm curious to just go punish Red Phoenix because that is the one trail the Camber really gave me a hard time on. By the time I get spat out at the bottom my arms are in shock :D