AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Repeat after me... LISTEN TO TEA!!!

That's what made me get the DHF then the winds blew and the changed the Tief Leaves

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what made me get the DHF then the winds blew and the changed the Tief Leaves

I'm pretty sure we said Mary Mary eliminator Mary assguy beware the DHF deathgap but get it if you must

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Oh, yeah tyres.

As of tomorrow: Eliminator in Grid for the front 2.6 then I can be a cool kid.

I'm very impressed with mine on the front. That tyre has more talent than I have.

I'm very impressed with mine on the front. That tyre has more talent than I have.

I am impressed that you are impressed, and I trust your opinions

What you running on the rear?

Maxxis Aggressor 2.3 Grid casing.

I really like this combo.

But how can you run a Maxxis and a Spez tire.... They don't match!

Have you blocked out the yellow Maxxis at least? 

How do you line up the tires for those 'we rode this trail' pics and couch pics and the inevitable car park stoke pics?! Actually, how do you even sleep at night?!  :eek:  :ph34r:

Have you blocked out the yellow Maxxis SPAZ LOGO at least? 

How do you line up the tires for those 'we rode this trail' pics and couch pics and the inevitable car park stoke pics?! Actually, how do you even sleep at night?!  :eek:  :ph34r:

Fixed it for you

How do you line up the tires for those 'we rode this trail' pics and couch pics and the inevitable car park stoke pics?! Actually, how do you even sleep at night?! :eek: :ph34r:

You get people who match the colour of their brakes to their red anodised hubs, and then you get THAT guy. I am THAT guy.

The one running a mixture of tyres shod on Spaz Roval wheels in a Giant frame. Fox rear shock, Rockshox fork.

I'm also the one putting my bike on the ground eating a sarmie while my mates faff around to get their trailside shots.

Case in point:

5a0a28f7b933ac3dc0558542dd2fa4a0.jpg

How are your matchy matchy red hope panic levers? Getting all colour coordinated? Got the red seat clamp coming? Some red nipples, the odd red spoke in there for the bling? 

How are your matchy matchy red hope panic levers? Getting all colour coordinated? Got the red seat clamp coming? Some red nipples, the odd red spoke in there for the bling? 

Philip and Pieter were kind to my Pikey brakes on Sunday. I like them. The levers are now brown and scratched relver after my spectacular bail on Iron Monkey. 

TBH they are hands down the best brakes I have ever owned for modulation and on the fly adjustability. Easy to bleed (despite using Dot 5.1) and the tools needed aren't fiddly. Size 8 spanner and a decent size torx.

I'm actually looking for some new grips now so I'm trying to see who makes yellow grips, bars and seat post clamps to match the decals on my Shock off a Giant Reign.....

I took my hardcorehardtail 26er equipped with Maxxis Ardent EXO casing tyres on a 125 km Tankwa Karoo ride last weekend. The bike and tyres did better than me. No punctures or burping despite a 50km/h descent down the Ganaga Pass. Several other had punctures and there were a few plug stops on both days. Havent had any issues with EXO on the HT around CT either. So far all good on my Enduro too. 

What do you guys do to your bikes that require tougher casing? (For the record the wheels on my Enduro are stuffed - dinged and taco'd but no tears or pinch flats)

I took my hardcorehardtail 26er equipped with Maxxis Ardent EXO casing tyres on a 125 km Tankwa Karoo ride last weekend. The bike and tyres did better than me. No punctures or burping despite a 50km/h descent down the Ganaga Pass. Several other had punctures and there were a few plug stops on both days. Havent had any issues with EXO on the HT around CT either. So far all good on my Enduro too. 

What do you guys do to your bikes that require tougher casing? (For the record the wheels on my Enduro are stuffed - dinged and taco'd but no tears or pinch flats)

We're not particularly talented and don't choose the best lines, or hulk smash instead of float like a butterfly

That describes me too dude. Maybe I'm just lighter?

TBH I think that most of it is chance and circumstance. 1 inch to the left or the right and you get a gash. But on your line, the sharpness is avoided. But, I prefer not to take that chance and spec tough casings on my bike 'cos (as per last year's Hoogies enduro) I haaaate punctures.