AM tyres... what you running?

patches

That describes me too dude. Maybe I'm just lighter?

Describes me too, and I'm more than 100kg... I've never had a single issue with Exo and most of my riding is done at Jonkers. Also done Ezel and Klipberg with Exo casing with no flats, burps, pinch flats, or dinged rims. 

Maybe I'm just slow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Confession :

Been running DHF 2.5 WT on 30mm ID for more than 3 years now... Never experienced the "death gap"

Bought an extra and a Assegai DD should last me another 10 years or so

Quick question when referring to the "death gap" on the DHF. Is that the transition from centre knobs to side knobs when leaning over where there is a lack of grip, feels like the tyre is going to wash out? If so, I get that feeling with my DHF. 

I go too fast to experience the death gap ..... I can understand if you guys are so slow that when you lean over the bike and take half a day around a corner that you will feel this death gap ... just go super fast and you will transition so quickly and lightly that you won't even know it exists .....

Moral of the story, ride more like Greg Minnar and me ... I taught him all he knows you know!

Quick question when referring to the "death gap" on the DHF. Is that the transition from centre knobs to side knobs when leaning over where there is a lack of grip, feels like the tyre is going to wash out? If so, I get that feeling with my DHF. 

yeah, that's it. There's a pronounced gap between mid and side knobs that results in that vagueness you're experiencing. Not as bad as the old Butcher, but still there. 

I go too fast to experience the death gap ..... I can understand if you guys are so slow that when you lean over the bike and take half a day around a corner that you will feel this death gap ... just go super fast and you will transition so quickly and lightly that you won't even know it exists .....

Moral of the story, ride more like Greg Minnar and me ... I taught him all he knows you know!

You running DHR II you tjop! The centre knobs are different to that of the DHF

I'm actually looking for some new grips now so I'm trying to see who makes yellow grips, bars and seat post clamps to match the decals on my Shock off a Giant Reign.....

DMR Deathgrips are available in a ridiculous bright yellow.

yeah, that's it. There's a pronounced gap between mid and side knobs that results in that vagueness you're experiencing. Not as bad as the old Butcher, but still there. 

Flip man, had a bad wash out a while back with my previous tyres (stock Bonrager XR3), so decided to put a DHF on thinking it would help with grip and bring back some cornering confidence. I swear, it almost feels worse. I don't think I ride aggressive enough to get the most out of the DHFs.

On that note, how is the DHF for a rear tyre? Considering moving the DHF to the rear and getting a DHR2 or even Assegai for the front.

Flip man, had a bad wash out a while back with my previous tyres (stock Bonrager XR3), so decided to put a DHF on thinking it would help with grip and bring back some cornering confidence. I swear, it almost feels worse. I don't think I ride aggressive enough to get the most out of the DHFs.

On that note, how is the DHF for a rear tyre? Considering moving the DHF to the rear and getting a DHR2 or even Assegai for the front.

So the gap does become less pronounced with Rim ID > 27mm as well as if the tyre width is the 2.5 version.

You running DHR II you tjop! The centre knobs are different to that of the DHF

listen here tchjina .... DHF was on my previous bike 

Look here. There is nothing better than a Magic Mary for any armchair tyre expert.

It makes you faster!