AM tyres... what you running?

patches

Sadly, I think her crown has been swiped by the Eliminator and the Assegai. 

don't forget the michelin wild enduro's. Can't hold a candle to the sidewall support of an SG carcass, but grips like stink. Rolls just as well.

But the outright grip champ has to be E13. But it comes with a price, and it's not the RRP.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flip man, had a bad wash out a while back with my previous tyres (stock Bonrager XR3), so decided to put a DHF on thinking it would help with grip and bring back some cornering confidence. I swear, it almost feels worse. I don't think I ride aggressive enough to get the most out of the DHFs.

On that note, how is the DHF for a rear tyre? Considering moving the DHF to the rear and getting a DHR2 or even Assegai for the front.

apparently not too bad in the rear ... some peeps have been running the DHF on the rear and the DHR on the front.....also seen a very fast and capable rider who owns a bike shops and has access to a multitude of decent tyres running the DHF front and rear.

hahahahaha Guys are throwing out some serious jabs here.

On a serious note, after destroying my front tire on Sunday, what Maxxis front tire would you experts suggest I replace it with? Have a 2.5 Aggressor on the back and want something that rolls well. I'm not very aggressive or fast so I want something that rolls nicely but won't slip n slide too much.

I thought another 2.5 Aggressor but then there must be something in between that and say the DHF?

On a serious note, after destroying my front tire on Sunday, what Maxxis front tire would you experts suggest I replace it with? Have a 2.5 Aggressor on the back and want something that rolls well. I'm not very aggressive or fast so I want something that rolls nicely but won't slip n slide too much.

I thought another 2.5 Aggressor but then there must be something in between that and say the DHF?

Crossmark 2.1"  :ph34r:

Specifically Maxxis?

2.5 Agg seems like a good option and I've been wanting to try it up front, tbh. I think it'll have a slightly better transition than the DHF & DHR cos of the tread pattern, but the transition knobs are still fairly widely spaced so it won't be as good as the assegai on that side of things. 

AFAIK the heirarchy is aggressor -> DHF / DHR -> Dissector -> Assegai.

And you, not fast!?

Pah. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Do they even make those for a 29er? 

Just slap a DHF on the front ..... or if you want to roll more XC/Marathon try a 2.4" Ardent on the front for speed?

Just slap a DHF on the front ..... or if you want to roll more XC/Marathon try a 2.4" Ardent on the front for speed?

I ardently recommend the Ardent - tread is quite low but there is lots of it, especially at the sides where you need it most on a tyre. Haven't come close to a scary front slide on my HT with the Ardent there and it rolls relatively well...

Specifically Maxxis?

2.5 Agg seems like a good option and I've been wanting to try it up front, tbh. I think it'll have a slightly better transition than the DHF & DHR cos of the tread pattern, but the transition knobs are still fairly widely spaced so it won't be as good as the assegai on that side of things. 

AFAIK the heirarchy is aggressor -> DHF / DHR -> Dissector -> Assegai.

And you, not fast!?

Pah. 

Ok cool... I will ping Nancy and see if they have stock of another Aggressor.

I ardently recommend the Ardent - tread is quite low but there is lots of it, especially at the sides where you need it most on a tyre. Haven't come close to a scary front slide on my HT with the Ardent there and it rolls relatively well...

I raced XCO with Ardent tires. Love them. Not sure I want one on the front of Jeffsy though. 

Slaughter up front FTW. 

Ok cool... I will ping Nancy and see if they have stock of another Aggressor.

I raced XCO with Ardent tires. Love them. Not sure I want one on the front of Jeffsy though. 

PS ... the Jeffsy comes with a DHR on the front for a reason #JustSaying

I've been running 2.5 aggressor on front for a while and loving the balance between rolling and grip. Paired it with a 2.3 aggressor on the back. Can definitely recommend it upfront.

PS ... the Jeffsy comes with a DHR on the front for a reason #JustSaying

Cos Maxxis are wh*res, Exo is junk, exo+ lis lipstick on a 2 dollar pig and they need to get rid of them any way they can. Give them to manufacturers, spec 'em on anything they can, bribe reviewer with incriminating photos of them racing in lycra, sell them at suspiciously normal prices, throw them on to mail order bike because you can't see them before you enter your CC details and then trot out the line that they are wildly popular.... that the reason? huh? huh? 

Disclaimer: Other reasons are available and may be more factual and realistic and not the result of 2 stupidly strong coffees, 2 large bags of haribo cola bottles and 1 6 pack of tunnocks tea cakes eaten in quick succession. 

Cos Maxxis are wh*res, Exo is junk, exo+ lis lipstick on a 2 dollar pig and they need to get rid of them any way they can. Give them to manufacturers, spec 'em on anything they can, bribe reviewer with incriminating photos of them racing in lycra, sell them at suspiciously normal prices, throw them on to mail order bike because you can't see them before you enter your CC details and then trot out the line that they are wildly popular.... that the reason? huh? huh? 

Disclaimer: Other reasons are available and may be more factual and realistic and not the result of 2 stupidly strong coffees, 2 large bags of haribo cola bottles and 1 6 pack of tunnocks tea cakes eaten in quick succession. 

Cola Haribo!!!

Yoh.... I will definitely be stopping at the shops on the way home to buy enough to sugar rush all the way to baba's 3am feed!

Weirdly enough I managed to double hole my Aggressor rear tyre on Sunday. I picked up the front off a root and the rear went straight into a low but very sharp edged rock. Rim was damaged so plugs didn't work until I could get the tyre off, straighten the ding and shift the tyre around a bit. Seems fine now however.