AM tyres... what you running?

patches

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my doubts going into Jonkers enduro this past weekend on  2.6" Maxxis Rekons both front and rear, but they were spot on for the conditions. Plenty of grip when needed and enough let go to have serious fun in the berms.

You should give it a spin, will be amazed at how fast it makes you

are you saying that you are fast?

a duel i see... say when your home turf - hoogekraal

2 rounds... 1 on your own bike and once on your foes but doing it in the newly formed 

WC slope-duro-cross format. 

I had my doubts going into Jonkers enduro this past weekend on  2.6" Maxxis Rekons both front and rear, but they were spot on for the conditions. Plenty of grip when needed and enough let go to have serious fun in the berms.

The Rekon seems to be a good middle-of-the-road tyre. It has decent side knobs, and a low centre tread design for reduced rolling resistance. Touted as an "aggresive xc tyre" 

Almost like a DHR2 lite. 

Oh, yeah tyres. 

Currently: Minion DHF 2.5 WT up front that is a bundle of meh really. E13 TRS race thingo, semi slick that is pretty good but not as good as a Slaughter but I'm boycotting them until they release something wider than a 2.3 for 29'rs... that should teach them! 

As of tomorrow: Eliminator in Grid for the front 2.6 then I can be a cool kid. 

2 rounds... 1 on your own bike and once on your foes but doing it in the newly formed 

Impossible .... if I had to ride Meezo's bike my knees would be knocking against my ears when pedaling and he would not be able to be seated and touch the pedals on my bike  

Oh, yeah tyres. 

Currently: Minion DHF 2.5 WT up front that is a bundle of meh really. E13 TRS race thingo, semi slick that is pretty good but not as good as a Slaughter but I'm boycotting them until they release something wider than a 2.3 for 29'rs... that should teach them! 

As of tomorrow: Eliminator in Grid for the front 2.6 then I can be a cool kid. 

Repeat after me... LISTEN TO TEA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAFFvdk8yvQ

That'll be rad, the jeffsy and the surface are actually very similar in numbers, only difference is my bike is a medium hairy will be large.

But still should be interesting

Impossible .... if I had to ride Meezo's bike my knees would be knocking against my ears when pedaling and he would not be able to be seated and touch the pedals on my bike

How about this a chain less. So no pedaling required

That'll be rad, the jeffsy and the surface are actually very similar in numbers, only difference is my bike is a medium hairy will be large.

But still should be interesting

Like I am going to let another person ride my new precious :P