Peter Sagan - Hero or Zero

Cav'

Sagan Hero or Zero  

235 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon ?

• Hero
    • Zero
  2. 2. Is he the next best thing in pro cycling ?

• Yay
    • Nay

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Sagan. I dont think he is obnoxious, he is 22, let him have some fun. As he gets older he will settle down. To do what he does, he had to work hard to get where he is. C'mon his first TdF and he has two stages already. If he wants to run like Forrest or dance like a chicken let him. He might never have the chance again to do it. I cant wait to see him pop his first wheelie. If he came across cocky in an interview different story. He might never win as many stages as Cav, or be a Great like Spartacus but I see him already holding two stage wins and a green jersey. I think thats an achievement in itself no matter if he wheelsucked thats pro racing.

I think Millar summarised it nicely in the CN article: "Totally for Sagan and his crazy salutes, he's 22, he's got plenty of time to grow old and dignified." He's young, he's winning, having fun, he knows his classic films.. No reason to dislike him.

I with Millar on this one, let the man enjoy himself. Who cares.

I am however a little suspicious of his results... If it seems a little too good to be true, it probably is!

For those power nerds out there you can see Sagan’s SRM files from his win on Stage 1 a couple days ago. In the final 1.5km when Cancellara initiated the uphill sprint Sagan stayed on his wheel and averaged 493 watts in the last 2 minutes 20 seconds of the race (think of how much Cancellara was pushing). When Sagan came around Cancellara at the finish he surged to 1,236 watts and averaged 970 watts in the final 200 meters. Those are some big numbers, but he also has the tactical know-how to be able to win these races. And the kid was born in 1990…

From the SA Road Champ's tweetie bird:

@RobbieHunter

Great win by Sagan again he, is class!but can't say I enjoy his victory salutes in the face of his competitors!

Edited by Puncheur

From BikeRadar:

Notable author Richard Moore suggested one solution for those who object to the antics: "If you don't like Sagan's victory celebrations there's one good way to stop them, chaps."

His colleague Daniel Freibe agrees. "So, are Sagan's celebrations obnoxious? I say no - like he said in presser, people will tune in to see what he does next. Great for sport."

There is no word yet from the UCI, which regulates everything from sock height to saddle tilt, on whether it would follow the National Football League in banning excessive victory celebrations.

Tiger Woods of cycling .My wife and kids want to know .who is that guy?Always good for a sport if you can cross boundries and get the uninterested interested

From the SA Road Champ's tweetie bird:

@RobbieHunter

Great win by Sagan again he, is class!but can't say I enjoy his victory salutes in the face of his competitors!

Almost as classy as screaming obscenities at your competitors when you finally win SA's, hey Rob?

Who's the @£$%^&* man now?

I like Sagan's victory salutes. He's only 22, riding in his first TdF and winning stages. What does it matter what he does as he crosses the line?