Post your Pyga

PYGA1

On a side note: Am I only only one wondering what the hell is going on with the value of Pygas as the moment? I understand times are tough and it's a buyers market, but when you see full kitted Pygas for sale at almost the price I spent on my frame, it starts feeling a bit ridiculous.

For example:

• 110 with carbon rims to 28k
  • newish 110's for 23/24k
  • A droolworthy Pascoe for 35k
  • a brand new okayish spec Pascoe for 35k from bikemarket.

It's not that I believe my bike is a monetary investment in any way, but when you've spent so much on building up a decent build and then see this, it's kind of disheartening.

What's actually worse is that these bikes are sitting around in the classifieds for so long. What is wrong with people that these aren't flying off the shelf.

Market is saturated , Proudly made in SA so everyone bought one as soon as they could ... now peeps want to buy newer meridas , yt , scott ect. and trying to get rid of the old pyga's while the market is still very nervous ( exchange rate , bafoon running our country ect. ) people are just holding on to their money and in turn when peeps don't sell their bikes the price will slowly drop 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note: Am I only only one wondering what the hell is going on with the value of Pygas as the moment? I understand times are tough and it's a buyers market, but when you see full kitted Pygas for sale at almost the price I spent on my frame, it starts feeling a bit ridiculous.

For example:

It's not that I believe my bike is a monetary investment in any way, but when you've spent so much on building up a decent build and then see this, it's kind of disheartening.

What's actually worse is that these bikes are sitting around in the classifieds for so long. What is wrong with people that these aren't flying off the shelf.

Lycra brigade majority just wants to buy Epics and Tallboys for R100 000. 

Cheers Tom, was waiting for your input ;)

I am leaning towards 120 but just dont know what...not a Fox fan so busy doing my "research".

Touch wood my Revelation has been great and I've hammered my One Ten over the years.

What would you fit on a Stage build as a matter of interest?

So here we go. New MAX colours with 120mm Fox 34 on the front. My first venture outside of the ordinary Fox 32 100mm setups. I don't have enough balls to ride this fast beast...... This setup does not really understand "limits".

post-3523-0-14146500-1510817996_thumb.jpg

For example:

Not to mention the brand new frame that just sold for R10k. Still a bit heartsore that I missed out on it. :(

So here we go. New MAX colours with 120mm Fox 34 on the front. My first venture outside of the ordinary Fox 32 100mm setups. I don't have enough balls to ride this fast beast...... This setup does not really understand "limits".

isnt the rear travel 127mm...what made you go 120 on the front not 130?

Awesome looking bike ...very sweet

Edited by Pikey

isnt the rear travel 127mm...what made you go 120 on the front not 130?

Awesome looking bike ...very sweet

Rear travel, I THINK, is 110mm. I was very sceptical in raising the nose of the bike. for my type of riding it seems the 120mm is just right..... Can take it to 140mm later, but muuuuch later.....

Uhm, guys. Just so you know. Pyga's have been overpriced since day 1. The market is just now evening out in regards to their actual value. 

So, my assumption is that every single high end bike out there, no names,  is overpriced. We are being fleeced by our own quest to ride the "perfect" bike. The market feeds on this trait and thus keeps on stocking the market. Perfection just comes at a high price. Imagine none of us upgrade a single bike for one year? The other point is that PYGA maybe still plays in the "exclusive" market. A good offering, and not every second chap is riding one.......

So, my assumption is that every single high end bike out there, no names,  is overpriced. We are being fleeced by our own quest to ride the "perfect" bike. The market feeds on this trait and thus keeps on stocking the market. Perfection just comes at a high price. Imagine none of us upgrade a single bike for one year? The other point is that PYGA maybe still plays in the "exclusive" market. A good offering, and not every second chap is riding one.......

and not every second chap is riding one.......

Good point - not knocking other brands - but it's not dime a dozen

Uhm, guys. Just so you know. Pyga's have been overpriced since day 1. The market is just now evening out in regards to their actual value. 

Well it is Fri after all!!!!!

I have a 110 and love it. Been on mates new sparks and cambers etc and I still think the 110 is better for me.

BUT it is a 4 year old bike now. I honestly don't know why they (or any other bike) should be more than 30k second hand after 4 years. .

Edited by Baracuda