Beware of CB 68 GK GP

argie1

Talking about an attitude that stinks...... Boy oh boy I think you wrote the manual!!!!!

I am trying to make a point. In general road users are agro. More so if you have to drive behind a slow moving vehicle - truck, bicycle, whatever. Some people are worse than others. To save yourself from getting hurt, drive where it is safe.

Interesting how you state the law, but in your previous post you state that cyclists should stay off the traffic lane? The law clearly states that a cyclist should stay in the traffic lane except when there is a portion set aside, and no it does not mean the shoulder on the other side of the yellow line. This is more a case of cyclists doing their part by riding in the yellow lane when opportunity presents itself rather than doing so by law.

Can you please post the law that states how you should pass other road users, for example the space you should leave when passing, on which side you should pass, how you should indicate and so on?

The guys riding in the shoulder are the intelligent ones, they actually value their own lives...

Look all I'm saying is that you should be aware of the cars coming up behind you. If they hoot at you at least try and move out the way. Don't swear at them, it just aggravates the whole situation and again just adds to the whole view of cyclists. I personally don't think all cyclists are to blame but you do get a couple of bad apples and they are unfortunately making everyone else look bad as well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entoesias and anine, you both need to go read the WHOLE rta, including the parts about how to overtake and following distance etc. yes, the cyclists riding 2 abreast when NOT overtaking each other are in the wrong, but your attitudes indicate that you both act in ways that knowingly endanger the lives of other LEGITIMATE road users. Entoesias, your comment goes further to indicate that you know the difference between flesh and bone of a cyclist and your car and as such it can safely be assumed that you know that when you deliberately hit a cyclist they will very likely be seriously injured or die. As such you have made it clear that you will be acting with deliberate intent to cause grievous bodily harm or death.

As to both of your "cyclists must ride on the shoulder and not u roads without a shoulder" attitude. Sorry but when exactly did you buy the road???

Please publish your vehicle registration numbers... Next time either of you get in the way of faster vehicles those vehicles need to know to treat you with the contempt that you believe slower vehicles deserve.

At the end of the day we as cyclists need to be more responsible and try to prevent incidents like this by riding in a safe way.

Yes it will not always be easy but if we try motorists will see this and start to be more relaxed.

We are our own worst enemy when it comes to riding our bikes.

No I am no saint. Have been hooted at and sworn at because of my wrong doings.

Now I do my utmost to be a responsible cyclist.

Well, this is a sort of Critical Mass idea, isn't it? There's also the "Ride of Silence" - I think we've only had 1 or 2 in CT - where everyone rides single file, obeys every traffic law, and doesn't say anything - it's in respect of all cyclists who have died on the road.

It is kinda Critical Mass idea. Actually planning this in line with CM dudes. Like the Ride of Silence idea! The point is to kinda respect the guys and gals who have lost their lives from being hit by cars.

Entoesias and anine, you both need to go read the WHOLE rta, including the parts about how to overtake and following distance etc. yes, the cyclists riding 2 abreast when NOT overtaking each other are in the wrong, but your attitudes indicate that you both act in ways that knowingly endanger the lives of other LEGITIMATE road users. Entoesias, your comment goes further to indicate that you know the difference between flesh and bone of a cyclist and your car and as such it can safely be assumed that you know that when you deliberately hit a cyclist they will very likely be seriously injured or die. As such you have made it clear that you will be acting with deliberate intent to cause grievous bodily harm or death.

As to both of your "cyclists must ride on the shoulder and not u roads without a shoulder" attitude. Sorry but when exactly did you buy the road???

Please publish your vehicle registration numbers... Next time either of you get in the way of faster vehicles those vehicles need to know to treat you with the contempt that you believe slower vehicles deserve.

As I said, I am not debating any cyclist's right to ride on the roads. I enjoy road cycling myself and have been the victim of aggression towards road cyclists myself, so please dont preach to the choir.

My point is that you need to be realistic and pro-active to stay safe. yes, you have the right to the road, but if you're going to be an ass about it, ride two (or three or four, yes this is what happens on Lynnwood road) abreast, do 30km/h in a 100km/h zone with no shoulder and then have the audacity to curse at, flip the bird at, or otherwise engage in rude behaviour towards other road users, then YOU are the one causing the problem, regardless of any kind of legal right you have.

By law both barrels should be licensed. If not I and the rest of the Hub including Admin are now also by law complied to report it...... Or am I now splitting hairs????

You are 100% correct. :) both sets are licensed. The double 16g as a 16 Gauge and the 16g 8x64 as a 16g hunting rifle. Since my family has been in the firearms dealer trade for almost 55 years now, all the T's are crossed and eyes are doted. i was merely saying that although it sounds odd to read "12 Gauge hunting rifle" technically they are not incorrect IF (and i doubt it) the farmer has/had a *gauge/rifle combo.... anyway...

But we are OT now. :)

As a cyclist,

The scenario as described by Anine, I got to agree.

As much as we have problems with the attitude/safety behaviour with allot of vehicles on the road in regard to cyclist, we also have to take some responsibility, we sadly have our own crowed of tjops causing major sh$t for us.

G

As I said, I am not debating any cyclist's right to ride on the roads. I enjoy road cycling myself and have been the victim of aggression towards road cyclists myself, so please dont preach to the choir.

My point is that you need to be realistic and pro-active to stay safe. yes, you have the right to the road, but if you're going to be an ass about it, ride two (or three or four, yes this is what happens on Lynnwood road) abreast, do 30km/h in a 100km/h zone with no shoulder and then have the audacity to curse at, flip the bird at, or otherwise engage in rude behaviour towards other road users, then YOU are the one causing the problem, regardless of any kind of legal right you have.

Again....read all the crap for and against.....

In general....what the above states.....if a PERSON....(With a family and daughter) makes a mistake or, God forbid, holds you up for 30 seconds by braking the law, he should be killed or you as a motorist have the RIGHT to at least give it a shot....cause....you know.....you are right and he is wrong..

What the FU)*@ is wrong with humans these days....???

I am not going to read all this dribble but this is the same beetch that tried to run me of my MOTORBIKE a while back (unless there are two vegetables driving like this) !! But I did not get her plates . Thanks for that info I will spread it further on the social network .

Hubbers are hypocrites (generally)

Previously most of the hubbers we quick to point out that the 3 cyclist side by side were breaking the law, so it was ok Karma to take pictures while driving....

Post after post slated the cyclist...now the OP admits that they were were not in single file and you all attack the Driver? So is it now NOT ok for the driver to do something dangerous to prove a point?

hypocrites!

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Niner

I am not going to read all this dribble but this is the same beetch that tried to run me of my MOTORBIKE a while back (unless there are two vegetables driving like this) !! But I did not get her plates . Thanks for that info I will spread it further on the social network .

Well then you are speculating.....

Well then you are speculating.....

See the worry in my eyes !! I don't care if the cyclist were wrong or whatever the story maybe , if you drive like a runt then you should be treated as one .

See the worry in my eyes !! I don't care if the cyclist were wrong or whatever the story maybe , if you drive or cycle like a runt then you should be treated as one .

Hubbers are hypocrites (generally)

Previously most of the hubbers we quick to point out that the 3 cyclist side by side were breaking the law, so it was ok Karma to take pictures while driving....

Post after post slated the cyclist...now the OP admits that they were were not in single file and you all attack the Driver? So is it now NOT ok for the driver to do something dangerous to prove a point?

hypocrites!

Edit: spelling.

Nope, if the stupid driver had rather continued hooting and then taken photos it would not have been directly endangering the bunch by pulling off illegally onto the gravel at the side of the road (and thus losing a large amount of traction) and then forcing her way back onto the road in the middle of the cyclists. HUGE difference. YES the cyclists were in the wrong to be riding two abreast. They were not in the wrong for cycling on the road. A "victimless" crime (eg taking a photo from a safe distance at a slow speed) is vastly different to a crime where there is a high likelihood of immediate physical harm (eg driving a vehicle deliberately close at speed in a dangerous manner to another road user).

Anine, I am known for my strict stance against jumping lights or stop streets and I get irate with fellow cyclists who do not drop to single file at the slightest sound of a vehicle approaching. But there is a line that needs to be drawn and for once I am forced to agree with spaaidy... Just because some tjop is going to delay you by 30seconds does not give you the right to kill them. Call them a tjop and pass safely. Driving recklessly and possibly maiming or killing a person makes you far far worse.

The penalty for breaking the road traffic act and riding 2 abreast is not death by being ridden over by a Landie as far as I know.

Entoesias my advice after all this would be to be extremely careful around cyclists because if you hit one now there is a trail of evidence that would strongly support a case of deliberate intent.

My advice to cyclists is to be careful and courteous. Virtually all cyclists spend more time driving cars than riding bikes so try to behave as a cyclist as you would want cyclist to behave when you are in your motor vehicles.