weekly tss score

fandacious

Thats all its doing on a graph is drop, thats not your body. only time gains are made is when you recover from a training load. 

Don't get me wrong I am not saying CTL isnt important it is, I use it to track athlete but there a lot of outside variables that also need to be taken into account. We use a PMC and a DALDA to monitor athletes. You cannot do it on a PMC and CTL / TSB alone. 

All a PMC is with CTL is training files not how the athlete is feeling personally. Data tells you one thing, a person tells you another.

Agreed on this as I self coach based on training programs I know work for me, I know exactly how I feel and record post workout notes (specific to that workout) in Golden Cheetah as well as a weekly diary of how I felt the week went. As some weeks training can feel easy without much or a lot of gains and other weeks I can feel flat and then look at that in conjunction with my TSB for possible over training or outside stress related issued that might have affect performance.... and have known to have 2 recovery weeks (or a week off) in a row if have been feeling flat.  Being OCD with data have even reviewed my CTL/ATL/TSB pre and post race in conjunction with feeling personally/day conditions and noted those as well.

As for PMC, In Golden Cheetah I monitor Coggan, Triscore and Skiba as each has a specific to my triathlon training.  I also cross reference this with the PMC charts in trainingpeaks for swim/bike/run.

Now already admitting am a data junkie (as well as having dietary condition of having to live a low carb high protein diet), I also record every 2 weeks my weight, % body fat, blood pressure and blood sugar levels.... so also try to understand those numbers with how am feeling and performing

So agree with everything you say :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

The IF your showing here, how/where are you getting it, is it something that TrainingPeaks can provide on a weeks workouts ?

G

Hi guys

The IF your showing here, how/where are you getting it, is it something that TrainingPeaks can provide on a weeks workouts ?

G

On the mobile app it shows under past 7 days summary

Hi guys

G

On the trainingpeaks Dashboard you can set up a chart "TSS by week: All Workout Types" and will give you a bar chart of TSS and IF as well as averages over the weeks

Hi Jurgen,

looking, under which section is the past 7 days, I'm on Calendar view at the moment.

G

On the mobile app it shows under past 7 days summary

Awesome, found it. thanks.

G

On the trainingpeaks Dashboard you can set up a chart "TSS by week: All Workout Types" and will give you a bar chart of TSS and IF as well as averages over the weeks

Hi Jurgen,

looking, under which section is the past 7 days, I'm on Calendar view at the moment.

G

Charts > Fitness Summary Report

You may have to edit it to change the time frame

This is on iPhone app.

Saw you came right

Edited by Jurgens Smit

last week

TSS: 584

IF: .70

outdoor: 334 TSS

indoor: 250 TSS

pushing for a big week, on 210 already after 2 outdoor rides.

Anyone on Wattsboard and TP?

How do the two compare WRT TSS etc?

Im using Wattsboard and somehow the number seems a little high.

Based on Wattsboard my numbers for last week:

896 TSS

12.30 Hours

68% Intensity 

Anyone on Wattsboard and TP?

How do the two compare WRT TSS etc?

Im using Wattsboard and somehow the number seems a little high.

Based on Wattsboard my numbers for last week:

896 TSS

12.30 Hours

68% Intensity 

Im not familiar with WB but that TSS / Hours / hours doesn't look 100% correct in terms of totals. that would be about a 500 - 600tss or so.

Edited by J Wakefield

(be gentle on me......as I can't face reading 76 pages of this thread).

Am I correct in this assumption? Power meter data uploaded to various training websites allow you to view summarised performance metrics, TSS amongst others? If so, are the correlations/equations used to calculate TSS, amongst others, widely known?

Im not familiar with WB but that TSS / Hours / hours doesn't look 100% correct in terms of totals. that would be about a 500 - 600tss or so.

Hi John, as always appreciate your advise.

Will just take Sundays race numbers on Wattsboard:

Time : 2:05

TSS : 154

IF : 84

When looking at the 60min @ FTP =100tss

Would assume you take your NP and not AVG Power.

Tnx

Hi John, as always appreciate your advise.

Will just take Sundays race numbers on Wattsboard:

Time : 2:05

TSS : 154

IF : 84

When looking at the 60min @ FTP =100tss

Would assume you take your NP and not AVG Power.

Tnx

If I may..........

And John will know infinitely more than me.....

But for me, I use Avg.

Ultimately you want to know (for yourself) what you can or cannot do in an hour.

In a race I KNOW I can handle 280w avg.

If you base this on a FTP value that was calculated on NP (not avg) and you did your FTP on a very hilly coarse, you will miss your mark BIG time.

But that is just personal.

Any proper FTP test will give you an almost the same NP and AVE power number.