Morewood 650b vs Pyga 650b

MrJacques

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rock

and thats all we know, no one is saying more.

look at his twitter feed, there is actually a video clip of him riding the prototype and he shows it for a couple of seconds.

G

The frame reads "Inspired by the xxxx" Anyone make out the last word? Looks like Morewood?!

Guest Omega Man

I suspect Morewood without Patrick is a dead horse. Lets face it theres been nothing forthcomming from Morewood since he left, and his first toy the Pyga is already a hit.

I dont think the morewood brand will last too long to be honest.

Erm. No bru. The Makulu has been in the dirt 100 for 3 years straight. I don't think any other bike has managed that. That and the Kalula have an almost cult following in the gravity scene. Especially in Germany, France and the UK where those markets are massive. No they'll be around a while yet.

The problem they have tho is the same problem Ducati had with the 916. How do you improve on perfection?

The frame reads "Inspired by the xxxx" Anyone make out the last word? Looks like Morewood?!

Inspired by the mountain. Momsen slogan.

Erm. No bru. The Makulu has been in the dirt 100 for 3 years straight. I don't think any other bike has managed that. That and the Kalula have an almost cult following in the gravity scene. Especially in Germany, France and the UK where those markets are massive. No they'll be around a while yet.

The problem they have tho is the same problem Ducati had with the 916. How do you improve on perfection?

They do but that will only last so long mate.

The sakuma, still had patric's hand in it, and the only other new bike I am aware off is the Jabula and Zama, which you hear absolutely nothing about. If Pat keeps on bringing out better bikes than what morewood can manage they will be fighting with silverback one of these days for market share. They need to up their game, They have the name, they have the following but they are slipping badly.

I suspect Morewood without Patrick is a dead horse. Lets face it theres been nothing forthcomming from Morewood since he left, and his first toy the Pyga is already a hit.

I dont think the morewood brand will last too long to be honest.

How do you improve on perfection?

LOL good reply Omega man...

However...Morewood wrt to their dual susser XC/XCM range bikes i.e. Zula could do with a weightloss programme, their weights are very 2005ish

I can only imagine Patrick and Victor reading this thread, sitting back, laughing at us, discussing the companies', bike designs, future etc.

knowing what they know and reading what we think we know.

:)

G

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen the latest Tread magazine? Apparently some more info on the ViPa in there. Looks like carbon. Definitely dual from Victor Momsen's tweets. Who else knows what?

Now that is one damn ugly bike.

Very much pre-production.

From the Momsen site...

http://www.momsenbik...id=2&Itemid=602

January 6, 2013

MOMSEN ViPa Project

Already 2 years in development, our first Full Carbon Full Suspension project will be hitting the trails very soon. Developed and Engineered with Patrick Morewood, undeniably one of the world's most renowned and successful suspension designers, we have not only produced SA's first full carbon full suspension bike but also a bike that has been 100% designed as a Marathon/Stage Race weapon.

Details will be revealed soon via our Facebook page ( /MomsenBikes ).

http://www.momsenbikes.com/images/TREAD-DPS-MOMSEN_FullSUS-CArbon.jpg

post-1575-0-87494000-1357917148_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Crow

120mm 650B is the blue one in the middle.

post-12909-0-38463000-1358156329_thumb.jpg

Have you ridden this bike Ryan?

Also we need a better pic with more of Patrick's pickup / bakkie in the shot!