Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

I just love this quote.

nsmb.com

"If that preamble seems long, it's because it is difficult to overstate the impact of the last Nomad, which already had very large shoes to fill when it came along. For the last three years, even as other Santa Cruz models have chipped away at its sales and relevance to certain riders, the Nomad has remained a standard - maybe the standard - by which all other AM bikes are judged. Only the arrival of longer travel 29ers and the galvanized opinion that longer reaches are preferable have quelled the squawk about this Nomad killer or that one. But it wasn't wheel size or a short reach that did it. In the end, the only thing capable of killing the Nomad 3 turned out to be the Nomad 4."

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like an amazing bike. For places with actual steeps. But I'm sure I'll see a bunch out at Jonkershoek soon.

Looks like an amazing bike. For places with actual steeps. But I'm sure I'll see a bunch out at Jonkershoek MEERENDAL soon.

fixed

Looks like an amazing bike. For places with actual steeps. But I'm sure I'll see a bunch out at Jonkershoek soon.

You going to stand at the trailhead with a ruler and a pocket calculator, measuring stanchions and eye-to-eye lenght and stroke? "You's got too much travel! You's cannot ride your bike here, bru!"

If someone in Bloemfontein wants to buy the new Nomad, then good for them. There are no rules!

You going to stand at the trailhead with a ruler and a pocket calculator, measuring stanchions and eye-to-eye lenght and stroke? "You's got too much travel! You's cannot ride your bike here, bru!"

If someone in Bloemfontein wants to buy the new Nomad, then good for them. There are no rules!

I've got a spirit level app on my phone to check trail gradient too. 

I've got a spirit level app on my phone to check trail gradient too. 

Got a real one in my bag at all times. If the trail ain't <-10% I ain't shredding my gnar, brah.

Edited by Johnathan CavalierDeTempê

Got a real one in my bag at all times. If the trail ain't <-10% I ain't shredding my gnar, brah.

So you don't ride anything steeper than 10%?

< Is a less than sign. so <-10% is -5%

Not So?

depends which side you're looking at it from, but gradient <10% and 10%> gradient are the same. Gradient less than 10%