Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pivot Firebird and its not nearly as cool as people on the internet think

Haven't riden one, but I saw one in the flesh a few weeks back at Jonkershoek, was one of the most droolworthy bikes I've ever seen...

Pivot Firebird and its not nearly as cool as people on the internet thinkĀ 

Ā 

Chris Nixon at the Uitsig Bike Park had one for a while. Chat to him and he'll happily say that it was just too much bike for the CT / WC trails.Ā 

Chris Nixon at the Uitsig Bike Park had one for a while. Chat to him and he'll happily say that it was just too much bike for the CT / WC trails.Ā 

I think that goes for many a bike - my Enduro included. It is fun to have a DH bike you can ride up and down though, and they do save you from yourself at times too.

Nixon is on another level. He will ride a xc bike down dh0,1,2,3 and probably say its too much bike. However i agree most of our enduro rigs are way too much bike, but a x bike wont save one the way am enduro bike does with all that extra squish.Ā 

It feels cumbersome to steer and the weight is so painfully obvious I'd never go near one, and I was a big fan

Ā 

Emphasis on WAS

Ā 

It's a balls out enduro EWS racer. Not saying you weren't riding hard but it need gnar, speed and steepness to make that thing come alive else it's going to feel more than a bit bloated on most trails here. Ā